22

Lennox

"Don't do it." I said as I tilted my head at Jesse. We were lying on our tummies, on a blanket on one of the grass fields of campus. It was a bit warmer today, the sun shining brightly, and the field was filled with students out relaxing or studying. Jesse and I decided to take a break from our studies and enjoy a few study free hours.

Jesse smirked, holding his phone out of reach. "Why not? You look adorable."

"I look like a lovesick puppy."

He frowned. "Is that bad?" He asked quietly.

I stopped trying to grab his phone and leaned on my elbows. "I-" I cleared my throat. "No, it's not." Then I added softly. "But it isn't a look I've ever seen on my face."

"I kind of like that look." He whispered, leaning closer. "I like it a lot."

"Of course, you would." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"But do you know why? Because I have the same look when I look at you."

"Jess." I breathed, my heart stammering in my chest. What is that boy doing to me? I've never felt this for anyone. Not for Jake, definitely not for Cameron. It kind of throws me off to be honest. His hand reached out and cupped my cheek, his thumb making soft circles on my jaw. I turned my head and placed a kiss on his palm. "Fine. You can post it." I said as he held my stare.

A large beaming smile appeared on his face. He leaned down and kissed the tip of my nose. He already kissed me this morning. Not that it stopped us from kissing more than once a day. I was crossing the rule that I had set up quicker than I thought I would. It was another toe-curling kiss that ended too quickly. Then he laid back down and start swiping away on his phone. He posted the two pictures he just took of the two of us on his social media platforms. It was just us, lying on the grass. The first one, we were smiling at the camera, the other we were smiling at each other like two people in love.

My heart skipped a beat. Is this what it was? Am I falling for him? Like really falling? Falling in love... I didn't know I was capable of that, not anymore. But maybe I was just waiting for him. I glanced at him as he typed a caption with the pictures. He looked so happy right now. I put my finger on his chin and guided his face to me. The smile was still there but pleasant surprise flickered in his eyes. It made him look even more handsome. I guided his head with the tip of my finger all the way to my lips and kissed him slow and sweet. It was a kiss we never had before. The others were passionate and hot. This was sweet and tender, and it meant so much more. When we pulled back, he leaned his head against mine.

"I-" His voice shook a little. "I really like you, Lennox."

"I kind of figured that out already." I chuckled softly.

"I'm going to miss you this weekend."

I couldn't help but place another sweet kiss on his lips. "I'm going to miss you too."

"BRYN!" I called through the house.

"Give me five minutes, Len!" He called back down.

I groaned and ran up the stairs. Without knocking I threw open his door and stepped in. Bryn was sitting on the edge of his bed, his bag on the floor next to his feet. I walked over and plucked the phone from his hand.

"Oi!" He called.

But I focussed on the boy I knew would fill the screen. "Hi, Liam."

"Hey, Lennox. Everything good?" Liam asked. I liked Liam. He was funny and smart, a little shy sometimes but he was an amazing guy. And the most important part is that Bryn was completely head over heels for him and he was all in with my brother.