7

Jesse

I've never been more grateful in my life then when Lennox stepped in when Keith and Eline asked about my parents. None of my friends knew the true extent of my relationship with my mum and dad. So, I was sure Lennox had no idea. But somehow, she noticed the shift in me when my parents came up. And I could have kissed her right then and there but settled on a thank you.

Three days passed since we arrived at the house, and I've barely seen Lennox since that dinner. She wasn't at breakfast. Bryn said she wakes up early to go on a run before we even wake up. During the day, Jake and Bryn take me out to during the day to show me the town. We went to a sports centre to train and play indoor football. We went to a moose bar on the beach and to the movies. And every time we got back, Lennox was hauled up in her room. You would know because either Sassie was guarding her door, or the dog was nowhere to be found which meant she was in her room.

Jake and Bryn were downstairs gaming while I sat on the bed with my laptop on my lap. Tapping my finger against my leg as I couldn't find one word to write. I placed my fingers on the keyboard when I heard Lennox groan in frustration.

I looked at her closed door for just a few seconds before I leaped from the bed. I lifted my hand to her door and hesitated. Screw it, I knocked.

"Come in." I could hear the frustration in her muffled voice.

"Uhm, it's me." I said uncertain.

I swore I heard a chuckle. "I told you, come in."

I opened the door slowly and poked my head in. Lennox was lying on her stomach, a pillow on the end of the bed with her head buried in it. My eyes followed her bare legs. She was only wearing super short shorts and a loose shirt. I really want to dig my fingers into her flesh. My cock twitched. I cleared my throat.

"I'm guessing your essay is going as well as mine." I leaned against her door frame.

She lifted her head. Her hair was everywhere, and it looked hot. Something was clearly wrong with me. "No, I managed to finish the essay yesterday morning."

"What is it then? Do you have other assignments for school?" I asked as I carefully stepped in closer. I took in her room as subtly as I could. But of course, that didn't work.

"You can look around. I've got all my dirty secrets hidden away." She smirked and I felt my cheeks heat. I turned my back to her and looked at the photos on her dresser. "It's not something for school. It's something else."

She clearly didn't want to tell me what, so I asked. "Something I can help you with?"

"No. Maybe. I don't know." She sighed.

I turned away from a picture of her, Bryn and Jake in football clothes around seven years old. "What do you need?"

"Inspiration? Maybe I just need to get out of the house." She rubbed her hands over her face.

"We could go out." I blurted out. Her head snapped towards me.

"Out?"

"Not on a date or something." I quickly said. "You clearly need to get away for a bit. And I thought we could go out as... friends."

She leaned on her elbows, a small smile on her lips. "So, we're friends now?"

"Maybe?" I shrugged a shoulder. "Or at least I want to be."

"Being friends with you wasn't really in my planning." She frowned. "I had planned on working on my stuff and ignoring you."

"And how well is that going?" I couldn't help but smirk.