20

Jesse

Six months later 

I was sitting at the doctors office after undergoing several tests. I had a bit of back pain recently, so I was afraid that the cancer had come back. My hands were shaking as I waited for the doctor. Then two strong but small hands clasped around mine. I looked up to see my gorgeous girlfriend sitting right next to me, her chair pushed against mine.

"Whatever it is, I'm right by your side." Lennox leaned her head against mine. "I'm not going anywhere."

I cupped her cheeks and kissed her slowly. "I don't deserve you."

She shook her head a little. "You deserve so much more, Jess." She kissed me before I could argue. When the door opened to reveal the doctor, we pulled apart sheepishly. But the doctor just smiled at us.

"It's beautiful to see you found each other."

I remember months ago the doctor told me he thought Lennox was my girlfriend and he was quite shocked when it was revealed to be Lily. It doesn't matter now. Lily and my so called mother are out of my life. And I haven't spoken to them in six months, not with their lack of trying. Lily moved out that Sunday before we got back under the watchful eye of my dad. But that didn't stop her from trying to win me back. Not that that is ever going to happen. I had blocked her after she didn't stop texting and calling after a month.

"I know you are probably worried with the pain in your back, so I'll get straight to the point. The tumour hasn't come back. You are still cancer free." I felt Lennox shake, happy tears running down her cheeks. I pulled her closer. "The pain is due to a strained muscle. Probably due to some excessive exercise."

We all knew what he meant. I had the decency to turn a red, Lennox just had a little smile on her lips as she glanced the other way.

"The scans are clean. So is your blood. Everything is looking great. If you don't have any questions, I'll see you in six months."

"That's – that's it?" I choked out.

He smiled. "Yes. I suggest you enjoy this nice summer weather, Jesse. You deserve. Both of you."

I stood and the others followed. With slightly shaking hands, I shook the doctor's hand before Lennox and I walked out, our hands intertwined. We didn't say anything as we walked through the hospital, but Lennox seemed to lead the way, tugging me along with her. I went willingly. Then she opened a door and pulled me in. It was a storage room.

"Uhm, Lennox-" She stopped me by placing her lips on mine as her arms curled around my neck.

I grabbed her soft hips and pulled her flush against me as I deepened the kiss. I forgot we were in a storage room in a hospital, where anyone could walk in at any moment. I forgot about everything when I had her in my arms. Her hands went to my belt.

I groaned and pulled back. "I think the doctor wanted me to rest, love."

She nipped at my lip. "Then let me do the work." She said seductively before she dropped to her knees, bringing my trousers down with her. She kissed my hipbone. Her breath tickled my skin as she whispered. "I'm just so fucking happy. I can't lose you."

"You'll never lose me." I cupped her cheek, her bright blue eyes on me. "You're stuck with me, Lennox Fae Watson."

Her breath shuddered before her lips wrapped around me. I placed my hand on her head but let her take control. She knew exactly what I needed and how. I dropped my head back but kept my eyes on her. I couldn't tear them away even if I tried. It wasn't long before my legs trembled, and I came hard. She swallowed everything before I helped her up and held her close. I was surprised nobody came in here. I wasn't as silent as I should have been given the place we were. Six months after we found each other again. And almost every morning, I wanted to ask her to marry me. To be mine forever, to being hers forever. But I held back, how hard it might be. I wouldn't push her.