8

Lennox

My date went well with Chris. It wasn't earthshattering but it went well. I wasn't surprised to see the tabloids full of pictures from us at the restaurant. They were just pictures of us talking closely or holding hands. We didn't kiss until he dropped me off at my house, when there were no cameras in sight.

Two weeks passed and I went on another two dates with him. It was fun. He was handsome and charming but there wasn't a spark. And I took Jake's advice and didn't throw myself in a relationship that didn't feel right to get over Jesse. When I said I wasn't feeling it, he accepted it. He was a bit bumped out, but we agreed to stay friends.

Bryn's wedding was this Saturday, and I had my last fitting with Amara and Liam in two days. But right now, Bryn and I had our first meeting together. With J.L Green Key. Dad trusted us enough to handle it alone. So, he and Eline decided to spend a few days in Edinburgh.

"You okay?" Bryn asked as we stepped into the elevator of Jesse's office building.

"It's not like I haven't seen him since I've been back."

"I know." He said, he bumped my shoulder softly. "But I also know you haven't had an easy time. And that thing with Chris didn't work out and Jesse's engaged to Malibu barbie."

I laughed. "You really don't like her, do you?"

"I don't." He grumbled. "I hated that I had to invite her to the wedding."

I steered the conversation away from Jesse's fiancé. "Are you nervous about the wedding?"

He looked at me with a beaming smile. "No, not even a little. I never knew when I met him at our New Year's Eve party that I would be here. That he would be the love of my life. But here we are."

"Here you are." I wrapped him in a hug. "I'm so happy for you, brother. Mum would be so happy and proud of you."

"Thank you. Mum would be proud of you too, about everything you did in your life. And -" He leaned his head against mine. "You'll find love again, Lennie. I know you will."

"I hope so. But even if I don't, I still have you and dad. Jake and Amelia. And my friends."

"And you will never lose us." He kissed the top of my head as the lift doors opened. "Ready?"

"Let's go." I smiled.

Jesse

"Can you sit down for one second." Charlie said annoyed. "You've been pacing your office for the past half hour."

"I'm not." I said, planting myself on my chair and my knee started shaking.

He eyed my leg. "Right. Why are you so nervous? You and Bryn are friends, you've already done business together. And I know you and his sister have some brief history -" My eyes snapped to him. "Lily told me. But you've been in contact with her for over two months now and meet up regularly. Why would this make you nervous?"

"I don't know." I ran a hand through my hair. "A big part of me being here, me building this company is because of her. I just want her to be proud of what I've done."

He frowned. "Lily made it sound like she was just a fling but -" He stopped when there was a knock on the door. My assistant Greg popped his head in.

"The Watsons' are here."

I stood up, buttoning up my suit jacket. "Let them in."

Charlie straightened up too and a few seconds later the Watson siblings walked in. I couldn't help but take in her professional attire. The navy-blue dress that hugged her curves perfectly, stopping at her knees. My eyes snapped quickly back up. But her light blue eyes weren't looking at me but at Charlie. Charlie had stepped forward with a wide smile. His eyes doing a double check over her body. I gritted my teeth.