11

Lennox

The next night, dad and Eline had a charity event to go to. And Bryn and Jake went to the movies with some poor girl and guy they had picked up at a bar a few days ago. So, it was only me, Jesse and Sassie at the house. I was sitting at the kitchen island typing away on my laptop with Jesse in front of me cooking. He was with his back towards me, and I was ogling him again from the brim of my screen. He wore a tight white V-neck shirt that almost made me clench my thighs together. How had I never noticed before how fucking hot he was. It was winter, but I still felt like I needed a fan to cool me down. And seeing him handle a cutting knife or cooking the food didn't help my situation down there.

"So, it seems like you found your inspiration again." He said, not turning around from what he was cooking. Whatever it was, it smelled divine.

"I'm not sure." I said. "I'm not sure if it's going in the direction I want it to go. But at least I'm writing something."

He turned slowly and leaned his arms on the island. His muscles flexing under his tight shirt. "Maybe I should take you out again. Give you some more inspiration." He winked.

"You make it sound like you are my inspiration." I cocked an eyebrow with a sly smile. He was, he totally was but he didn't need to know that.

"Have you looked at me?" He gestured to himself.

I looked up and down his chest slowly. "You know I like ogling you."

He laughed. His smile wide and real and it made something flutter inside of me. He reached for my hand and took it softly in his. "I know you have separate plans with you father and brother. And we're all going out in a few days. But as far as I know, we haven't planned anything the day before New Year's Eve."

"That seems about right. What do you have in mind, Abbott?"

He gave me his panty-dropping lopsided smile. "The rest of our date – outing, I had planned."

I played with the tips if his fingers. "Alright, I'm in."

He squeezed my hand, his eyes sparkling before he returned to the food. I started typing away again. "Do you need me to be silent while you write?"

"I'm a woman you know." I grinned at my screen. "I can do two things at once." I didn't add that his voice made my writing easier. Him talking about little things or big things, just helped me.

"Okay, then I want to tell you about the time I got stuck with my head between the bars of the monkey cage in the zoo."

I shouldn't have been drinking from my water, because I choked on it. "What?!" I cleared my throat with a laugh.

He didn't turn around as he started telling the story. He continued cooking and I continued writing as he told story after story.

I couldn't help it. My eyes fluttered closed, and I moaned when I took a bite from the pasta Jesse had prepared. When I opened my eyes again, he was looking at me with dark eyes, his hands gripping the table.

I cleared my throat. "This is amazing. How did you learn to cook like this?"

It took him a few seconds to regain composure. "My parents were always gone so my nannies taught me. And when I was old enough that nannies weren't necessary anymore, I needed to cook for myself. So, I did a lot of experimenting."

"It paid off well." I pointed with my fork. "You can cook for me any day. Or every day for that matter."

He chuckled. "I'll keep that in mind." He twirled his pasta perfectly on his spoon. I watched how he placed it in his mouth. His tongue swept out to lick a bit of sauce from the corner of his lips. Fuck! "Bryn told me how you guys met Jake. But how did he come to live here?"