Ch 17

I walked through a random forest. How stupid am I? There are many clan's in the Leaf, and they each have their own land that belongs to them. I tried staying in the Uchiha territory but apparently I don't know directions. 

I sighed and continued walking through all the trees and bushes in this massive forest. I'm pretty sure that I ignored land markings that basically told everyone where one territory stops and another begins. Now all I need to know is which clan's land I am in and if my life is in danger. 

This is a perfect night. 

Why did I have to go out on a midnight stroll again? Not even I know. 

As I walked through the darkness I started to hear some faint sounds a little away from me. Activating my sharingan, I slowly walked towards the sound. 

This is like a horror movie, and I'm definitely not following the rules to survive. 

As I slowly made my way closer to the sound, I came to find that the sound I heard was crying. Someone was crying, and they sounded young. I quickly but quietly make my way towards them. Only to find a little girl in the fetal position weeping. 

I didn't make a sound but she still saw me, and I could see fear in her eyes. I quickly deactivated my sharingan because that could be a reason for her fear. The sharingan glows in the dark and looks pretty scary to many people. 

"It's ok, I'm not going to hurt you" I bent down to seem less scary and kept my distance. The girl just backs up in fear and she starts shaking. I smiled warmly and raised my hand in front of her. I'll let her take her time to get comfortable with me. 

Even after a few minutes she has not moved, but I understand. A young girl in the middle of a forest at night, it must be scary for her. "I won't hurt you" I said again, "if you want me to leave, just nod your head" she quickly shakes her head, still not saying anything. 

"Alright" I smiled and slowly made my way over to her. She leaned away from me but didn't move from where she was. I sat beside her, but I didn't make contact at all. We just stay there in silence. Only hearing her quick breaths and quiet weeping. 

I closed my eyes and leaned my head against a tree, I'm still a child myself. This body doesn't work well at night. 

I feel the girl beside me slowly lean against me. I wasn't sure if I had her trust or if she was cold. Either way, I welcomed it. I softly put my hand around her and pulled her into my embrace. She didn't lean away but she tensed up. This was when I finally got a good look at her face. 

And to my pleasant surprise, it was Hinata Hyuga. 

She was so small and young, I barely recognized her in the dark. "Why are you out here all alone?" I softly patted her back as she relaxed into my touch. She just shook her head, not answering me. 

I had a guess though. A few days ago, Hinata's uncle, or Neji's father died. I sighed, yes it was the Hyūga Affair. The one where Hinata was almost kidnapped by the Cloud village. That means that Hinata just turned three years old. 

I patted her back to comfort her, "you know, you have to go back home" I gave her a soft smile as she looked up at me. She again shakes her head, I sighed and pulled her into a hug. "Your family must be worried" I continued to comfort her. 

A few tears fell down her face which I quickly wiped away. "My...My uncle...H-He...died b-because of me" I shake my head "Don't blame yourself" I tuck a few strands of her hair behind her ear. "You're only a small child" I hugged her tightly "you're only a kid". 

She listens to my words and doesn't speak at all. She falls asleep a few minutes later. I hold her in my arms as I rest on a tree, I myself am tired. 

Just when I started dozing off, I felt a kunai to my neck.