Ch 24

"Squad leader!?" It has only been a few months since Itachi joined the Anbu but he's already squad leader. Sheesh. 

"Yes, I was promoted" Itachi gave me a little smug smile as I rolled my eyes. "Congrats, I do not envy you." 

Too much work. And too much responsibility. 

I was at Itachi's home, he was getting ready for the Anbu and I was helping him... With nothing. I was just there to talk with him. "How's little Sasuke?" He was at home getting ready for the academy. 

"Sasuke is first in all his classes. His teachers praise him all the time," I nodded "how sweet." 

Itachi handed me a brush and I started to brush his hair. 

"How's Naruto?" I hummed at the question, "he's a cute little rascal. But he never pays attention in class," Itachi's hair is very smooth and silky. "But I make him do all his homework so that's a start," I giggled at the memory. 

For Naruto, I already left his breakfast on his table so he should be fine. 

I hand Itachi his hair elastic and he ties his hair back. "Are you ready for the first day as Anbu captain?" It is an important day for him. 

Itachi nodded his head "it's to be expected," I rolled my eyes "you're humble to everyone except me." Itachi laughed "it's because I've always been like this, why stop." I sighed "true," I patted his back as we left his room. 

Sasuke ran up and hugged Itachi "big brother!" I chuckled as Itachi hugged him back. "Do I get my hug Sasuke?" I asked sweetly, Sasuke stuck his tongue at me "big brother gives the best hugs." 

I slowly smiled creepily at Itachi, I know he had something to do with this change in attitude. 

Itachi winked at me, "it's alright Sasuke" he patted his back. Sasuke pouted then smiled at me as he hugged me, "big sister." I sweetly patted his head as I glared at Itachi, who again winked at me. 

"Alright you two, let's get going" we head to the kitchen as Mikoto gives them their lunches. "Ishi, I made something for you too" I happily smiled at Mikoto "thank you!" 

She gave me Gyudon (Japanese Beef Rice Bowl). 

We all leave their house, "Itachi, do you have enough time?" The captain should always be on time, if not early. Itachi nodded, "we have time," we all walked together to the academy. 

Sasuke being the little kid he is and Itachi being the brat he is. 

When we arrived at the academy we gave Sasuke a hug as he went to play with his friends. I saw Naruto arriving and I waved to him. He waved back with a big smile. 

I chuckled as I walked down the street with Itachi, "you don't want to be late. I can guess they won't like you at first." Itachi shook his head with a smile "because I'm young?" I nodded "as usual." 

We both rolled our eyes. 

"Just go ahead, I'll pick up Sasuke later," he nodded and poked my forehead. I pouted as he laughed before disappearing. I then went to my little cabin to experiment as I waited for the academy to finish. 

At the end of the academy, I went to pick up Sasuke. As I waited I saw a little girl coming towards me. 

I smiled at her "hello Hinata," she smiled shyly "your Ishi, right?" I nodded and bent down, "I am, it's nice to see you again." She smiled a little more confidently "it's nice to see you too." 

I patted his head "how are things going?" I asked with a soft voice, "it's ok," she giggled at my touch. I smiled. 

"Tell your father I said hi" Hinata nodded "ok." I saw Sasuke coming out "I'll see you later Hinata" I stood up "have a nice day" I heard Hinata behind me.