Ch 57

"I'm declaring this match over, as the winner of this preliminary round, Sasuke Uchiha advances to the finals." 

Naruto leaned over the rails and screamed "yes!!" 

Sasuke was breathing heavily and lost his strength for a second, about to fall over. Kakashi was quick to help Sasuke stay up by letting him lean on his leg. 

"Hmm, not bad," he had icha icha in his hand. 

Which I will steal at some point to read myself. 

Sasuke smirked but Kakashi kept reading. "Funny, before the lion's barrage your technique was very reminiscent of Guy's taijutsu. You must have used your sharingan to copy it when you fought with Rock Lee that time." 

Naruto yelled again, "you ok!?" Naruto giggled, "hey! Sasuke! You won but in such an uncool way! You came out looking like you were the one who got beat up!" 

I chuckled, that is so, but fighting with the curse mark would be hard. 

"Idiot, give me a break. You little- Oh well," Sasuke rolled his eyes and smiled. 

I could feel the tension in the air from Sasuke's win. Everyone was curious and maybe nervous too. Kakashi glanced at me, but I wasn't sure what the look he was giving me was. 

"He's curious about your power child," Orochimaru said behind me. While he was talking to me, his eyes were on Sasuke. 

I scoffed in my head, "are you a mind reader now?" 

He smirked, "no, that's what everyone is thinking." 

I sighed dramatically, "lovely." 

Orochimaru chuckled, "how many know my dear?" 

Know about my real identity? 

"Two," I hummed. "Soon to be more." It would be wonderful to be with everyone again. 

"Well well, so that's how it's done," I completely ignored team Dosu. 

"I knew all the time that you'd be ok Sasuke," Ino almost had hearts in her eyes. 

"Man, I'm hungry," you know what Choji. I'm hungry too! Where is the food!? I want food! This kid said the truest line I've ever heard! 

"Wow he was amazing," Hinata my darling. 

"Nah, he wasn't that special," Kiba, you're just jelly. 

I heard chuckling from Orochimaru so I went to give him an unimpressed look, but I regretted that action quickly. He licked his tongue against his lips slowly. It was disgusting. I just chose to ignore him, which I should have done this whole time. 

Ew. 

The medics came and took the guy away. When they asked for Sasuke to follow Kakashi said, "I think you're out of your league with this one, I'll look after him." 

They nodded and went away. Kakashi leaned down and helped Sasuke up. It was time to seal the curse mark. But Sasuke whined a little, wanting to see who would win and who would lose. 

Honestly, I was with Kakashi, but I sympathized with Sasuke. I too would love to know who I would go up against. Kakashi was firm with Sasuke, knowing that anything could happen with Orochimaru's unpredictable curse mark. 

They walked out of the arena, Sasuke had his hand on the curse mark. It must hurt a lot. 

"Um, ok then, let's move onto the second match." I feel so bad for this guy. 

Orochimaru kept his eyes on Sasuke, not even paying that much attention. But when the names came up, he smirked. Zaku, the guy from team Dosu who got his arms broken and Shino.