Ch 70

"He might actually kill you this time." 

Kabuto and I were enjoying (sarcasm) our time making Orochimaru's medicine. 

"Had to, it was too perfect. If I didn't I would actually kill myself." Kabuto hummed in acknowledgment. 

"Just saying, be prepared. He's been in a terrible mood." Can't say I blame him. He has no arms and I make sure to remind him of it every step of the way. 

"Aren't you being too nice, why are you warning me?" 

Kabuto frowned, "since Lord Orochimaru is in a bad mood he's taking it out on others. The amount of cleaning I had to do was irritating." I nodded, satisfied by the answer. 

"How many dead again?" 

Kabuto sighed in frustration, "four." 

I scoffed, "and in such a short time." 

After Kabuto finished, he and I made our way back to base. Wouldn't want to stay away for too long. According to Kabuto, Orochimaru gets pissy without him. The poor baby. 

"But seriously, I have so many jokes I want to say to him. It's so funny that it's not even funny." 

Kabuto rolled his eyes, "you're the one who's expendable." 

I snort, "I beg to differ. My blood and personality are too unique to kill. He wouldn't dare." 

Kabuto chuckled, "true, but we could still keep you alive without your legs and arms." Like he would survive doing that to me. 

"It is a possible scenario." 

Kabuto smirked, "but too tiring for me, Lord Orochimaru would have to do it." 

I rolled my eyes cringing, "you witnessed too many embarrassing things." 

Kabuto just about stopped as he gave me a weird look, "you think I'm that stupid?" I stopped in my tracks as well, "what do you mean?" 

Kabuto fixed his glasses, staring me in the eyes, "you're hiding your true strength." 

I looked unimpressed, "yes, so what? I am hiding a lot of things, but you are too. Stop acting righteous, you're not." I shut that down, I was not in the mood to get in an argument with this future 2.0 snake asshole. 

Kabuto rolled his eyes as we finally arrived back, only to hear Orochimaru screaming again. 

"You should just knock him out at this point, there's no reason for him to be awake." Kabuto looked down with this too, "not that bad of an idea. But he'd kill me for even suggesting it." 

He opened the door, only to see another dead body on the ground. 

"He killed another underling, what is that, 5?" Looks like he'd kill you for much less than that, you give him too much credit. 

"I just got back, and now I have to clean the room. Please be sure to take your medicine, will you?" 

Orochimaru glared at him, "That medicine will do nothing for me, you simpleton!" Orochimaru started breathing heavily again, obviously in pain and tired. 

"But I made it specifically for you, it should ease your pain. At least a little." 

It would fix many of our problems, but because Orochimaru is a baby and doesn't take his medicine, we have to deal with tantrums costing resources and lives. My God, I'm actually thinking about knocking him out. 

"This burning in my arms, I never imagined the suffering would be this great." 

Kabuto sighed, "It was Sarutobi after all, the third Hokage. This was his final curse." 

Great job Sarutobi, this is the only good thing you've ever done. You're not a complete failure. 

"Enough of your bratling. Tell me, have you found the one I seek?" Now this is when we get down to business. 

"Yes, the trail leads to a place called Tanzaku Town." Orochimaru soaked up the words, pausing for a moment to contemplate on these next for moments, "I see." 

Kabuto had to remind Orochimaru who we were going up against, "Lest you forget, your opponent is one of the legendary Sannin. This isn't going to be easy." 

Orochimaru smirked, "The best medicines are always bitter." 

I froze and had to walk out of the room before I screamed at this man for waking me up with his screaming. If the best medicines are always bitter then take yours damn it! Is that so hard!! 

Kabuto came out to the hallway, leaving Orochimaru to do his own thing. "We are leaving tonight, if we are lucky we'll make it mid-day to that town." 

I nodded, "I'm guessing he wants me to come?" 

Kabuto rolled his eyes, "yes, he wants you in his sight." 

I scoffed but took his words, going to my room and packing my bags. While I did so, I couldn't help but smirk. Now things are getting good. But it was when I got a single item, that my smile vanished. 

This was the whole reason I was going, the whole reason for meeting her. 

Her eyes. 

I needed her eyes so I could be fine. 

I needed to get... 

The Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan.

A/n A rather short chapter but a good one. This will now explain a lot of questions I've been getting. You might like my answer and you might not. More will be explained in the chapters to come! Enjoy~