Ch 38

I had put on a transformation jutsu to make it seem like I'm 18. I can't have my 13 year old self walking around with all these creeps. 

I had been wandering around for the past few weeks. Since Nigeru village is between the fire and sound countries I had a bit of time by myself. I couldn't go back to the Leaf so I went into the sound. 

Honestly a bad move on my part. 

I may be healed but I shouldn't be fighting yet, and if I met any sound ninja... 

Never mind, I'll be fine. 

I keep walking through the forest until I find something interesting. Underneath two huge trees was a door. There are two markings on it reminiscent of a snake and what appears to be a snake's skull on the top-most part. It was a stronghold built below a tree. 

Uh oh. 

I know who this belongs too. Let's go inside! I walked through the dark halls, being very interested and creeped out at the same time. Then I saw a door open, with light on the inside. 

'He' was in his laboratory, looking through papers on whatever experiment 'he' has come up with now. Suddenly 'he' felt a presence, one 'he' recognized but couldn't remember. 

'He' didn't even turn around, 'he' just looked out of the corner of 'his' eye at me. 'He' didn't say anything, 'he' just waited for me to introduce myself or attack. 

But I stayed still and silent. 

'He' finally broke his silence, "very well, since you do not wish to introduce yourself of your own free will, then I suppose I shall do the introductions, hmm?" 

'He' looks at me, with a smile on 'his' face but I couldn't read 'his' expression at all. It's difficult to guess 'his' intentions or mood. 

"...My name is Orochimaru, but you know that." 

He speaks clearly, in a calm voice, but underneath it, I can hear a hint of a malicious undertone. "I'm Hitori," I said, giving no information about anything. 

I wasn't expecting to play with my life today. 

"A wanderer huh." Orochimaru's smile grew slightly darker, and I could feel that he was scrutinizing every detail of my body. He was studying me. I felt a shiver creep up my spine. 

"What do you want from me, Hitori?" I stepped out of the shadows, closer to him. He didn't show any emotions indicating he felt threatened. "I don't know yet," I answered honestly. 

I did have plans, and it would be good if I could get some information from Orochimaru. But it all depended on how he responded. 

"Hmm. So you just felt like visiting me... without any particular reason?" Orochimaru leans forward, his eyes narrowing. 

"Or are you still thinking about it?" He seems to be waiting for me to give him an answer that'll satisfy him. 

"It is rare that someone approaches me... What is your story, Hitori? What are you trying to accomplish?" I want to survive. I hummed "I came in here knowing the owner. It is an interesting hideout, I thought I should explore to my heart's content." 

It was true, I just wanted to get some information and power. I found this place and thought Orochimaru's hideout might have something I'm looking for.