Ch 34

"Why..." I heard a faint whisper. 

"Why did you kill me..." 

I grunted and looked around for the source of the voice. 

"Why didn't you save me..." 

I crossed my arms around my body and just sat down. This was so mentally draining. 

"Why do you not care..." 

I closed my eyes, trying to relax and wake up. 

"What is life-" 

"Frail," I interrupted. 

"Easy to destroy," I looked behind me at the mangled body of the girl I killed. 

"Easy to break, but..." 

"So hard to make," she finished. 

I looked at her sadly, standing up and slowly walking towards her. 

"Yes, I did kill you," I took slow, short steps in her direction. 

"Yes, I was the one who caused you pain," she stood still, yet it was obvious she was scared. 

"But..." I stopped right in front of her, "I had to." 

Her fearful gaze turned angered in a moment. 

"Why! Why did you kill me!" As she continued to scream her disfigured body began to melt, making a terrifying scene. 

"WHY!!" 

I stayed silent for a minute, her heavy breath on my face. Her blood red eyes staring into mine. 

"I killed you, because I want to live," I raised my hand to her face. 

"I want to survive," I leaned in and put my head on hers. 

"You were just an innocent victim who was at the wrong place, at the wrong time." 

Her breathing stilled, "it's not your fault." 

She shook her head, "it's your fault," her voice cracked. 

"Yes," I agreed with her statement. 

"You killed me and my family," I grabbed her hand and held it tightly. 

"Yes, blame everything on me." She held my hand even tighter than me, hurting my hand. 

But I let her. 

"I didn't deserve that..." she let out a sob, tears going down her face and on to mine. 

"No one deserves this, we are just in a cruel world." 

She cried louder, leaning on me as she lost her anger. I held her in a hug, patting her back in a comforting manner. 

"We were too good for this world, so they got rid of us," I looked her in the eyes. 

"In your next life, I hope you find happiness," she looked at me with tear filled eyes, and smiled. 

It was a small smile, but one regardless. 

"And I hope you find happiness in this life," she was there one moment, smiling at me. 

And the next, she was gone.

================================================================================

I woke up, feeling strangely calm. 

Everything was the same as it was, but it felt different. I did my regular routine and everything was the same. After a full day of doing the same thing I've been doing for 2 months, I go back to my room.