Ch 51

Sakura held Sasuke's hand as he screamed in pain. He soon passed out and collapsed on her. 

As the tears and panic hit Sakura she yelled out, "Naruto! Sasuke's hurt! Help! I need you!" 

I already had Naruto in my arms as I appeared in front of her. 

"Sakura, you shouldn't scream in a place crawling with enemies," she flinched at my presence and started to slowly back away. I knelt in front of her, "Sakura," I said in dead seriousness. 

"If I wanted to hurt you, I would have already." 

While it wasn't the best thing to say to someone panicking, I didn't have the time. No need to sugarcoat things that aren't sweet at all. 

"Then what are your intentions?" She looked so scared. But that won't help her anywhere. 

"Pick up Sasuke, we need to find a cave so you can be hidden," I don't have time for her untrusting stare. She held Sasuke as we quickly found somewhere to stay under a tree. I gingerly placed Naruto down and Sakura did the same with Sasuke. 

"Stay here, this place will be useful," Sakura nodded. While she was skeptical, she just let me help her. 

I now went to go find Orochimaru. If sucker wanted to meet me, why is he making this a game of hide and seek. I ran through the forest looking for that snake. I sensed him to my right so I was heading there, "we're close." 

As I saw him up ahead, he suddenly disappeared. I stopped dead in my tracks. 

Did... 

Did he just make me find him only to disappear? 

Is he messing with me? 

I'm gonna kill him. 

How dare he! 

I walked forward only to see Anko on the ground. 

Oh? 

That scene happened. 

"Anko," I called out, jumping in front of her. She looked up in pain, her eyes trying to find out who I was. There it hit her. 

"You're a Sound genin..." She looked tired. 

"What gives you the right to speak to me that way...?" She's trying to sound like she has authority, even though she looked so pitiful. 

I knelt in front of her, "only I determine who I speak respectfully to." I smirked, holding her hurt hand and wrapping it in bandages. 

"And no one in this village is one of them," when I was finished she tore her hand away from my grip. 

"You're with him, huh?" 

I tilted my head, "hmm?" 

She glared at me, "you have his chakra. You smell like him." Orochimaru huh? 

"I actually take that as an insult," I frowned. 

"So, what are your plans? You get some grudge against the village?" I chuckled at her words, "I do have a grudge, but I'm not going to take revenge yet." 

She stood up, and I did as well. "Yet? That means you're still a threat," she took out another kunai and pointed it at me. I smiled, "you're still in pain, you shouldn't fight. I have no will to fight you." 

She grunted, "no will huh? But I have a reason," she's threatening me. 

I sighed, "Anko, just get better. And I will continue the exam." I turned around and jumped from tree to tree. 

Time to find Orochimaru again, hopefully he won't just up and vanish again. 

Running, running and jumping. 

This guy isn't making this easy. 

Does he know how big this forest is? 

Why is he making me do a scavenger hunt? 

I saw him up ahead. 

Asshat! 

I jumped right in front of him, "you suck, you know that." He just chuckled in amusement. 

"My~ This forest is doing wonders for your attitude." 

I had to stop breathing for a moment to figure out this man's audacity to say that to me. 

"Oh please, I'm pretty sure I've never hid my attitude from you," I haven't. I don't know what he is talking about. 

"You're right, let me rephrase." He smirked, "you didn't speak out what you wanted to say, you let your eyes do the talking." 

He raised his hand and patted my head, he then took off my eye mask. 

"But I barely see your eyes, you're always hiding them." I frowned and grabbed my mask, "I don't want to be exposed. It's been 4 years, many people will recognize me." 

Some already have. 

"Good, I want to bring you back home with me. You and Sasuke." 

Rephrase everything you say, I beg you. 

"What is your relationship with him? You are very protective of that jinchuuriki too." I rolled my eyes, "I was friends with Itachi, so naturally I know his brother." 

Orochimaru licked his lips at Itachi's name. 

"Oh? Were you close?" I scoffed, "childhood friend, nothing more." He smirked, "interesting." 

I frowned, "you forgot that he tried to kill me." 

Orochimaru shrugged, "You're alive, are you not?" 

I chuckled darkly, "alive with scars." He rolled his eyes, "scars are a shinobi's life. You put your life on the line everyday." 

Now I rolled my eyes, "so what did you need from me?" He chuckled, "one moment." 

What I saw, I will never unsee. I will spare everyone the description because I will never read, speak or write what I saw. But the summary is, Orochimaru threw up the earth scroll. 

He then smirked and held it out for me, "here, I won't need it." 

I looked at him. 

I looked at his hand. 

I looked at him again. 

"I would rather you kill me then touch that." 

He chuckled, "you've seen worse." 

I gagged, "ya, you naked." 

Silence.

A/n Ayo? Enjoy~