Ch 64

Temari looked completely on edge as she was slowly forced to walk towards Shikamaru. He had won, Temari was under his shadow possession jutus. 

As both of them stopped in front of each other, as the crowd watched, they were mesmerized. It was silent with tension, except for the rookie 9. 

"Ya!! He did it!" Naruto cheered. 

"You got her! Wayda go!" Ino yelled happily. 

Choji was eating aggressively. 

Shikamaru then raised his hand, which in turn, made Temari raise her hand. 

Choji ate even more aggressively. 

Temari closed her eyes, the nerves of losing sinking in. Though she was still trying all she could to escape. 

Shikamaru let out a sigh, "The hell with it, I give up." 

Silence. 

"...Huh?" 

"Huh?" 

"HUH?!" 

Complete and utter silence. 

 "He WHAT??" 

"You gotta be kidding me!!" 

The crowd started screaming and booing again. 

"What? What did you say?" Even Genma wanted to know Shikamaru's reasons. 

"I used up all my chakra on that shadow possession jutsu. I'm good for another 10 seconds, that's it. Bummer, and here I've already planned out the next 200 moves in my head, but my chakra is running low." 

Temari is astonished, she can't even speak. 

"Anyway, if I was to win this thing, it'd just be more work." 

He just looks done, and I respect him for it. Genma just smiled and shook his head, "the winner is Temari." 

Shikamaru's shadow possession jutsu was broken and Temari could now move freely. "Man, I'm beat." 

I chuckled to myself, "this is fun." Kabuto frowned slightly, "he just lost when he didn't need to." I turned to him, "he made a calculated move. He was out of chakra, so why bother to act like he wasn't." 

Kabuto didn't comment. 

I snorted, I definitely just gave Shikamaru too much credit. He was just tired. 

"That son of a- I'm going to give him a piece of my mind!" Naruto shouted as he jumped into the arena. 

"Hey! I wanna talk to you idiot!" 

"Wo you calling an idiot, you idiot." 

They are still children.

I couldn't hear what they were saying after that because the crowd started getting restless. It was all rumours and speculation as they anticipated the next match between Gaara and Sasuke. 

Some were saying Sasuke dropped out because of an injury. Others didn't believe it. No one knew who Gaara was, so they started talking all that smack. Even the lords were gossiping. I rolled my eyes at the people, but I could understand.