Ch 68

"Hey, remember me?

I stopped in my tracks, frozen by the unwanted and unwarranted person talking to me. 

"Recognize my voice?

It definitely is familiar, I have heard it before. Who are they? 

"Aww! You forgot me, that's so sad.

I snapped my neck in the direction where the voice was, only to find out it was coming from every and all directions. How? How was that possible? 

"You should though, I did give you this second life.

"..." 

I was actually speechless. I didn't know how to react or respond in this situation. 

"God.

I frowned to myself, I think i got that. No need to spell it out. I was utterly exhausted. Why is this crazy thing back? 

"I'm back because I finally found a way for you to go home.

And they can read my mind, just great- Wait. 

Wait! 

"What did you just say?" Did I hear that right? I could feel the God give a cocky smirk. 

"I found a way to get you back to your world.

Seriously? After all this time, after almost 16 years here you come back now? You couldn't have done this before I made relationships and friends? And also, "But didn't I d-" 

"You still have a chance." They interrupted me. 

"Then how should I-" 

"You have to make sure that the plot continues right until the end, the exact way you remember it. That means no killing important characters and no saving important characters.

That puts me at such a disadvantage. These rules are bullshit. Also they need to stop interrupting me, I don't care if you can hear my thoughts. Stop it. 

"I'm sorry man, but how should I believe you? You kinda tried to kill a kid because she killed a squirrel. I'm just saying, you have questionable thoughts. Besides, how do I know if I did something I wasn't supposed to?" 

Even though I can't see the God I feel like I know all their expressions and feelings. The most prominent one is great amusement. 

"You'll know, you will definitely know.

But I like won't unless it's something supernatural or something like that. "That doesn't explain anything, plus aren't you God. Can't you see the future? Why do you need-"