Ch 72

She was planning on scamming me, how dare she think that I'm stupid enough to not realize it. And because of that fact, I was forced to give her some money now. 

I only gave her 15 million ryo right now for the promise that I would give her the rest after we were done. Good thing Tsunade decided to be merciful on my wallet, I didn't have any more money than that. The rest is still back in my room. 

No, Orochimaru won't find it. 

If he snoops through my room, being armless will be the least of his worries. Tsunade and I agreed on a specific random spot that isn't important to the plot that is close to Konoha, where she would do the surgery. 

It was a little close, but still far enough away that I would be less anxious. 

We left on a good note with a time and place set, now all I have to do is make sure she doesn't know I'm kind of with Orochimaru. 

While it pains me to say, I am living with him. 

Hey, free rent for being mildly entertaining to him. No problem. Honestly I still don't know why I'm here, or why he keeps me so close to him. He's mentioned time and time again he isn't going to take my body. But I don't think it's entirely true. 

I'm like a plan B. 

Actually that's Sasuke. 

I'm plan C. Still, he won't get the chance. 

I'll kill him. 

I sighed as I watched Orochimaru and Tsunade converse together. A fight almost started but it was quickly resolved, and Orochimaru started his manipulation tactics with Tsunade's fear of blood. 

Dirty move he did there. 

They quickly parted when Orochimaru gave Tsunade a week to think about his trade. Bringing her love and brother back in exchange for healing his arms. It's even more weird to know that he hasn't even mastered the reanimation jutsu, not yet. 

Not like Kabuto, he will beat him to it. 

I sighed as I wandered through the town, just trying to keep my mind off all the crazy people I have to deal with. 

And the eyes. 

My mother's eyes. 

I've kept them with me this whole time, unable to find the time or person to help me make them my own. And I don't like using the mangekyo sharingan either, I don't want to become blind before the real fight has even started. 

We are just in easy mode. And I still need more resources before shippuden. Now that's when the real fun begins. 

It was night before I knew it, and the cool breeze started to become slightly cold. 

"Guess I should head back," I turned to walk back to my hotel room but I saw someone on a statue. 

It was Tsunade, and she was crying. 

I frowned when I noticed she was grabbing onto her necklace like it was her lifeline. 

Orochimaru is a grade A asshole. 

I jumped up to where she was, but she didn't raise her head. Knowing I didn't have any right to say anything to her, I just placed a bottle of sake beside her. 

I sat down across from her and opened my own bottle as well. Taking a sip, I saw how she raised her head slightly and glanced at me. 

"Why are you still here?" Her voice was quiet, but not soft. 

She knew how vulnerable she looked and she wanted to show me that she was anything but. I could still see through her though, and even better, I understood her. 

"You think I would leave? I'm not the dumb, you know." I smiled softly, relaxing for the first time in months. Maybe even years. 

"I don't know what you're talking about," she lowered her head again. 

I sighed, "I know you haven't done anything medical related in years, you turned down everyone who asked." I pause before continuing, "I know you had no intention to help me." 

She tensed, but then relaxed, finally taking the sake and opening it. 

"Is there a way I could change your mind? Because you're the only one I trust, the only one I want." 

She finished the bottle, "you got another one?" I chuckled, getting one from my bag and tossing it to her. She then finished that one too. 

Wiping her mouth she finally started talking, "I doubt you could change my mind." 

She glanced up at me, "I'm sorry." 

I smiled, "It's fine, I get it. But I won't stop, I'll try and try again." 

She frowned to herself, "But why?" 

I leaned back, closing my eyes, "What else am I supposed to do but keep going forward." I chuckled, "I'm not just going to lay down and die." 

She sighed, "that's not why I'm refusing." 

I nodded, "I know, your refusal is just setting me back a little. I'll have to figure out how to get past this." I imagined many scenarios where I can't use Tsunade, and have to find someone else. It will be annoying, but I will respect her wishes. I won't force her or use dirty tricks like Orochimaru. 

Tsunade relaxed a bit more, no longer hugging herself. "Why do you want me? I know you said you trust me and my knowledge but..." 

I feel a little bad finding her when she's sad, Orochimaru really got to her. 

I smiled, "you're going to make me reveal my secrets, huh?" 

I looked at me curiously, "what do you mean?" I stood up and walked over to her before sitting down next to where she was. 

"Can you promise not to tell anyone?" She paused, thinking it over before nodding. I sighed, taking off my eye mask. 

"You're very young," she commented, finally able to see my full face. 

"I'm 16," I chuckled, "newly turned." 

She nodded, "happy late birthday." I haven't heard someone tell me happy birthday in years, it felt good to hear. 

"So, what's the secret?" I sighed, not speaking. I smiled at her, before activating my sharingan. 

Her eyes widened in shock, "You're-" 

I covered her mouth with my hand, "quieter, we don't want to alert anyone." She narrowed her eyes, slapping my hand off of her. 

"So you're an Uchiha?" I deactivated my eyes but kept my mask off, "yes I am." 

She took out a kunai, pointing it to my neck, "now I need answers."

A/n Sorry this chapter took a second to write, life also is getting really busy. I can't believe it's May! Sheesh, time goes by. Enjoy~