Chapter 5: Sun N Moon

It's black. Pitch black.

All you could see was utter darkness.

You wanted out.

You wanted to get out.

To see the light once more.

To feel once more.

Wait.

You do feel something.

You feel something round.

A pair of arms..? Maybe.

It's picking you up. No... placing you down now.

You feel it press something against your side.

Cloth perhaps?

You couldn't tell.

It's a faint feeling. Perhaps a hand...

It's fading.

Perhaps it disliked your body.

You feel like you're fading deeper into the darkness.

"Take it easy Sunbolt. You should rest."

Sun? What is he doing here?

No.... he told you to rest so that's what you should be doing...

~TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY MOON EATING TORTILA CHIPS~

You can hear something, shuffling around you, the sound of things clanking together, the sound of plastic rubbing against plastic. You attempt to squint your eyes open, only to be blinded by the light. You learn your lesson after this.

You face down as it seemed you were on your side and gradually open your eyes and familiarize yourself with the bright lights that shone down upon you.

Shifting your head back towards the side you see a blurry figure walking around, going down and then back up again then going around and doing the exact same thing over and over again.

Rubbing your eyes you are able to make out this blurry figure to be your little Sun boy. Walking around and cleaning up a rather untidy daycare. Toys were scattered everywhere till the point where you could practically say it covered the entire ground.

Rubbing your eyes again as they were still kind of blurry you notice another detail, Sun had deep scratches in his suit that littered his body, small gashes were there too, and you could see a few wires poking out.

Two of his rays seemed to be unusable as they were stuck smaller than the others and his faceplate had a piece chipped off it at the top, almost touching his eye.

You could tell it hurt as he'd make a small face whenever he had to bend down to pick up a toy, as you've figured out what all that bending was, and he'd take a moment before going to bend down to pick up another.

You use your hands to shift onto your elbows to prop you up, then you manage to sit up. Feeling something slide off you. Looking down you see it was a blanket, but another thing you notice is that you had bandages around your waist.

Wait... didn't you die..? You couldn't remember. You remembered being stabbed in the side by a stray sheet of metal near a generator and.... Moon... He looked so full of fear once he saw the piece of metal stabbing through your body... Why?

You struggle but manage to stand up. Sure, It was painful. But you do manage. You take the blanket with you, folding it up neatly in your arms, being wary of your wound as it was still really sore. You knew you should lie down but you need to go see if Sun is ok. You take a deep breath before heading towards Sun.

"Hey! Sun bun!" you chirp, stopping in front of him. He looked up quickly, the rest of his rays retracting and he immediately dropped all of the toys in his arms to run over to you, grabbing your shoulders with a gentle yet concerned touch.

"Sunbolt! Are you alri-i-ght!? You've been out for so long I thought you'd ne-ever wake up!" he exclaimed, worry coating his voice.

"I'm alright Sun, just a little sore but nothing else!" you say, hoping to drive his concern off of you for a little while, taking note of his broken self and glitched voice.

"Hmph... I'm not so sure, Sunbolt. At least ta-take it easy... please? F-for me?" he begged, his grip on your shoulders loosening, going down to your forearms while his face showed more amounts of concern.

"Alright, alright. I will bud! Calm down. I'll be fine, I promise." Your attempt at reassuring him succeeds and he gives you a soft smile. "Thanks Sunbolt."

Once he releases your arms he goes to his small pile of toys he dropped in an attempt to pick them up. However, due to you going all 'concerned mother' on him because of his broken parts you immediately stopped him before he could do anything to worsen his condition.

"Sun bun... let's get you to parts and service, I don't want to see you hurting anymore." you tell him, trying to speak to him in a soothing voice.

"Oh, but [Y/N]! I need to cle-clea-a-an up for the m-morning! Oh, this place will be fl-flooded with kids!"

"you can rest for a while, let's get you to parts and service. I'll clean the daycare while we get you fixed up."

"Oh... but-"

"No 'buts', come on. Let's ask someone to fix you." Before allowing him to ask or even argue, you grab his hand and drag him out of the daycare, going all the way to parts and service.