Chapter 6: Repairs

2333 words

-x- 

You firmly grasp your Sun boy's hand and guide him through the labyrinth of corridors, arriving at the foreboding entrance of Parts and Service.

As you release his hand, your eyes meet his, attempting to convey reassurance amidst the mechanical gloom that envelops the room. Sun enters, his steps hesitant.

Inside, the fluorescent lights flicker intermittently, casting eerie shadows upon the worn linoleum floor.

You see a man with short ruffled brown hair and blue eyes, seemed to be around the age of 16-20. He introduces himself as Liam, the repairman, as he emerges from the shadows, his work-worn hands and deep-set eyes betraying years of experience with these intricate machines. Sun looks up at Liam, his curiosity mingling with hesitation.

"Hey there, little fella," Liam offers a kind smile, his voice a gentle contrast to the mechanical symphony surrounding them. "Let's see if we can fix you, shall we?"

As you leave Sun to get fixed you turn away from Parts and Service and re-enter the daycare, the outbreak of vibrant colours greet your senses once more.

Entering the now-empty daycare, you're met with a serene stillness that contrasts sharply with the lively atmosphere of the day. The lights cast a warm, gentle glow through the daycare, illuminating the remnants of a day filled with laughter and play.

Toys and art supplies lie neatly organized, awaiting the return of the children. As you promised Sun, you begin your task of cleaning.

You hear a knock at the daycare doors and walk over, seeing Sun fidgeting with his ribbons on his wrists. Beside him, Liam stood tall, a rolling worktable clutched firmly in his hands. His eyes, a deep shade of warmth, met yours as he spoke, his voice carrying a hint of gratitude.

"Sun was getting fidgety and wanted you to be in eyesight of him," he explained, a touch of concern lacing his words.

Liam stepped forward, Sun trailing behind him like a shadow mimicking its source. "Oh, that's alright," you reassured them, your voice gentle.

"Can you do it outside? At the entrance of the daycare so you don't get in the way, please?" A sense of cooperation swirled in the atmosphere, as if the universe had orchestrated this moment, ensuring that everyone's needs were met.

Liam's face lit up with a genuine smile, gratitude painting his features with an ethereal glow. "Of course," he chimed in, his voice alive with genuine appreciation.

"Thanks for allowing us to do this, [Y/N]!" His words danced through the air, a melody that was coated with sincerity.

"Uh-huh," you replied, your voice gentle but filled with a sense of purpose. As you turned away to resume your duties, a promise whispered earlier lingered in your mind like a melody waiting to be sung.

You were determined to fulfill your word, to clean up and make way for Liam and Sun's endeavor, for their happiness was intertwined with your own.

Sun watches you from the entrance of the daycare, his eyes filled with concern as Liam begins to examine his broken parts.

Liam's hands move with practiced precision, delicately removing screws and wires as he works to repair Sun's damaged body.

As you continue to clean the daycare, you can't help but steal glances at Sun. His normally vibrant rays hang limp and lifeless, and the sight fills your heart with a mix of sadness and determination. You know that you need to do whatever it takes to help him heal.