Chapter 12: Little Nova

Words: 679

Sorry. I forgot to add the word count. Ignore this update :[

-X-

Here you were, at the front of the daycare's doors waiting for some random staff member to bring a deadly virus right to the kids.

The manager said they found a virus in an arcade machine and they managed to take it out. The bad news was that they couldn't exterminate it, so you know what they did? They shoved that possibly dangerous virus into a thousand pound animatronic. The worst part? They said it'd be used in the daycare as daytime security and extra help!

Not your fault if they get a lawsuit.

"Yo [name]!"

You perked up at your name and turned in the direction. There stood Liam with a new animatronic at his side. The animatronic looked almost exactly like Sun. Though it did have a few tweaks.

It's rays were were elongated and sharper, while its color palette leaned towards shades of orange. It had a shade of forest green for it's eyes.

"Hi Liam," you replied, "this the virus?" You asked, jabbing a finger at the animatronic.

Liam nodded, "yep, this is Eclipse."

You quirked an eyebrow. Really? 'Eclipse'? Could it be anymore stupid?

"Alright..." You mumbled

"Come on Virus I've got things to do." You say as you went back into the daycare, the animatronic following behind.

You sat down at the desk, turning on the monitor to start the day.

"So, this is the daycare?" Eclipse said to himself in awe.

"Yeah," you respond, "don't fuck shit up."

"Why would I do that?" He asked with a tilt of his head.

"You know why," You mumble

"No, I don't. Can you fill me in please?"

"Shut up Virus."

Eclipse's shoulders sagged as he  heard the word 'virus'.

"I'm not a virus anymore," he responded quietly, almost like he was a bit upset by it.

"Doesn't matter. You work with me now, virus or not you will follow my orders!" You snapped at him.

Eclipse reeled back and crouched down, making him seem much smaller than normal.

"Y-Yes Mx!" He whimpered, his rays shaking.

You felt a bit bad for him but shook it off immediately. This guy, was dangerous. He was a virus after all. You'll need to keep a close eye on him.

"[name] you're here!" A voice called out from the balcony.

You turned to the tower, only to see Sun running towards you.

"Hi Sun." You said, already drained from Eclipse.

"Hello my little Sunbolt!" He chirped happily.

"Sunbolt?" Eclipse asked, less scared but still a bit on edge.

"Hm? Who's your new friend [name]?" Sun asked happily.

"He's not my 'friend'. He's a deadly virus the manager found and stuffed into an animatronic. Worst part is, he'll be helping us during the day and standing guard as daytime security."

Sun tensed up at the thought of a potentially child-harming animatronic working alongside them.

You sigh, "I need my hot hot wakey water," you mutter.

Grabbing your coffee/tea, you practically chugged the entire thing before setting it down and slumping into your chair. The kids would arrive soon, and you were far from prepared.

Eclipse fidgeted in place as the sound of children filled the air. Ah yes, the children.

"Virus, go stand by the door. Don't go near the children," you growled, making Eclipse nod frantically as he rushed to position himself beside the door.

This was going to be a very long day.

★★★

"Sun he's not supposed to be near the kids!" You scolded as Sun was handing Eclipse a child.

"but he's been behaving!" He whined back.

"I promise to be on my best behavior, little Nova," Eclipse whined with Sun.

"Little what?"

Eclipse then got scared and started fidgeting with his rays.

"L-Little Nova... Sun and I were thinking on a nickname I could use like him and Moon..."  Eclipse's voice gradually faded into a whisper, clearly scared of your reaction.

 You sighed. Of course Sun was going to do something like this.

"Whatever. Go ahead, you can call me that, I honestly do not care at this point."

Eclipse perked up happily at this and gave you a soft thankful smile, "Thank you, Nova. Your understanding means the world to me."

You sighed, it felt good that Eclipse was happy but you needed to keep your guard up around him for now.

You never know what a virus can do.