Chapter 44: Talk With An Eclipse

Words: 301

-X-

You stepped into the guest room, seeing Eclipse huddled in the corner, his body gently wrapped around the kitten. The lights were off, making only his glowing green eyes visible. You were hesitant to talk to him, worried he was mad at you.

Eclipse looked up at you, making you a bit anxious, however, his soft look made you calm down quite a bit.

"Hello Nova, I assume you're here because of earlier, am I correct?" Eclipse spoke softly, clearly still upset from the interaction with Bloodmoon from this morning.

You hesitated for only just a moment before responding, "Yeah. I'm worried about you Eclipse. I would do the exact same thing for Sun. I'm sorry I didn't come sooner, I had to calm everyone down..."

You heard a soft sigh before Eclipse responded. "That's quite alright. I wouldn't blame you for something Bloodmoon had done. I-I'm fine really! ..... just... A bit upset at the moment."

"...Would you like to come sleep in my room tonight? I have a big enough bed for you and Moon to be on."

Eclipse looked up at you. "What about you Nova? I wouldn't want you to be sleeping on the ground!"

"Who said I was sleeping on the ground, Eclipse?" You smirked, putting a hand on the doorframe. "I promised Moon some bedtime cuddles, can't cuddle on the floor."

You swore you saw a faint glow in Eclipse's rays but when you focused on them you didn't see anything. It was a silent stillness in the room before you saw Eclipse's eyes slowly move up and down, signaling he had nodded.

You smiled softly and walked up to him, patting him on the head. "Ill see you in a bit, yeah?"

"Y-Yeah.."

You walked out of the room, shutting the door just a bit before heading to your room to get ready for bed.