Chapter 40: Reveal

Words: 297

Really short, sorry.

-X-

Moon went ridged, his grip on you completely going limp. Eclipse noticed this and glanced between you and him, slowly reaching out for the kitten. You noticed the rigidness as well and waved your hand in front of Moon's face.

"Hello?"

"I..." Moon hesitated, glancing off to the side. "I don't feel as if you'd want to know..," he muttered, grabbing the edge of his hat and pulling it over his eyes.

I sure want to know.

You sighed, flipping onto your chest and pulling the hat up slightly, just enough to be able to see his eyes. "I do, Moon. I really do."

There was a string of silence in the air before he responded. "It was that damn child..," he muttered, glancing to the side.

Child? What child? You didn't remember there ever being a child that night. You looked at Eclipse, expecting him to know what Moon was talking about.

Eclipse seemed to understand what you were trying to silently ask because he quickly replied. "I'm sorry Nova. I wasn't given a body at the time. I was still—as you like to call me—a virus." There was a bit of sadness coating his voice near the end.

Moon also seemed to notice your struggle because he released a blow of steam from his mouth. "That damned child that Sun was watching over when you..." Moon hesitated. "Died.."

Eclipse perked up at this. "Oh! Yes that kid!"

There's a kid? Can we kill it?!

"What kid are you talking about, Virus?" You asked, ignoring the blood twins.

"Oh what was his name..." Eclipse tapped his fingers on the floor before straightening up. "Gabriel! That was his name!"

Gabriel? You don't remember any child named that... Wait... Didn't Evan say a name similar to that? What was it... Gabe?

You're gonna have to ask them when you get the chance.