Pup Fun

Summer Pups

Chapter 4:

Pup Fun

Monday June 8, 2020

12:34 pm

[Chase's POV]

Everest and I had the best time together. We went on a walk, had smoothies together, we even fed the pigeons together! It's almost like I didn't want this day to end. Unfortunately, I had to cut it short because I remembered that I had to clean my room. It was a damn mess. My mom would definitely not let it slide and Carly would do something extremely drastic just so I could keep it clean. Carly did tell me that I should get rid of a few things that I don't need. I looked at the pile of random stuff and realized that she was right. About half of these things here, I don't need. I was honestly surprised that Everest wanted to stay and help me clean up. It was my mess, she doesn't have to feel obligated to help. I tried to tell her but she wouldn't budge. But then I remembered, she's actively trying not to go home for some odd reason. I thought about it and I told Everest she can stay as long as she wants. I'll be sure to provide anything that she needs. She lit up when I told her that. And I admit, a little part of me lit up as well. It's something about her aura that just makes me feel quite happy with myself and feel grateful that I'm alive right now. While we were sorting through the pile of random stuff, Everest called out to me.

Everest: "You still play with toys?"

Chase: Wh-What?! N-No! I-I-"

Everest giggled.

Everest: "I'm just messing with you! But some of these look a bit old.."

Chase: "Yeah..I've been living in this house for years so I used to be throwing random stuff in the closet and they just never saw the light of day ever again."

Everest: "Wow...Seeing all of these old comics and collectables...It's almost like..Going through a childhood memory.."

I agreed with her. I don't know what it is, but seeing old things that bring up your childhood sometimes makes me shed a tear. It just makes me think that back then, things used to be a lot more simpler. That's kind of the reason why I don't want to grow up, but I know I have to. I know there's some out there that wishes that they can stay as kids forever, but we all know that it would get out of hand after a while. Maybe growing up is for the best.

Everest: "Hey...Is this like..Math..?"

She showed me an almost torn-up paper. I knew what that was. That was my old homework assignment that I lost. I sighed a bit because I was searching for that thing for a week and I gave up. 2 months later, there it is, in someone else's paws like they saw it on the ground in the open.