Goodnight

Summer Pups

Chapter 21:

Goodnight

Monday June 29, 2020

8:57 p.m.

[Everest's POV]

Me and the pups were in the other part of the living room and we have been playing different games for a while now. We played a quick round of uno, charades, exploding kittens and some other stuff. Zuma's parents returned with the pizza. Some of the pups took some slices, but I wasn't really hungry. The last game we were about to play was called taboo. I lit up. That used to be one of my favorite games.

From what I remember, Taboo is like a word guessing game. You're split up into two teams. One team is the giver and the other one is supposed to guess the word. It's hard to explain. You're given a card with a few lists of words you're not supposed to say, and you have about a minute to describe the thing you're supposed to say WITHOUT saying what is on the card to your team. If one of your teammates guesses the word correctly you get a point.

Me and the pups started discussing the teams before we started playing. The only issue was that there were only seven of us, so it would be uneven. But they didn't care and still wanted to get on with the game. It was me, Chase, Zuma, and Rubble. And then on the other team, it was Marshall, Skye, and Rocky. After we finished setting up the cards and everything else, my team was able to go first.

On the other side, Skye was in charge of the timer and Rocky was on my side, making sure I didn't say the wrong thing.. Once I gave him a nod, letting her know I was ready, I took a card and instantly read what I had. The word was hotel. This was going to be easy. I know exactly what to say.

Everest: "You check in at a..."

Chase: "Uhm... Oh! H-Hotel!"

Everest: "Yep!"

I sat the card down and pulled out another one and read it. Polar bear? Easy.

Everest: "It's the opposite of a grizzly bear!"

Rubble: "uhh... Black bear?"

Everest: "Uh-Uh... They live in the arctic."

Zuma: "..Polar bear?"

Everest: "Yes!"

I sat the card down and pulled another one. Police.

Everest: "Okay, Chase wants to become this when he grows up."

Chase: "Police pup?"

Everest: "Yep!"

Rocky: "Wait, he said pup after, it's just one word!"