Let's Hang out Later

Summer Pups

Chapter 36:

[Let's Hang out Later]

Monday July 20, 2020

[No one's POV]

8:56 am

Zuma, Rocky, and Skye were walking down a sidewalk to meet up with Liberty, that cool Daschund pup they met a few days ago. But this time, it wasn't Zuma who dragged the pups out of bed at ten in the morning. It was actually Rocky who did. Rocky wouldn't have had a problem going over to Liberty's new house if it weren't for her three overprotective brothers, who were always giving him death stares.

The last time all of the pups were together at a park, they ran into one of Liberty's brothers, Max, who told her that she had to go home, mainly because he saw Liberty with two male pups and he just didn't trust them at all.

Max had sort of already met Rocky before. It was last month before Liberty moved to Adventure Bay when they met at a museum, and Max almost choked Rocky out just for talking to his sister.

Of course, Liberty's siblings' overprotectiveness was somewhat understandable given that they had all moved and were apprehensive about the new cats and canines they would encounter. However, anyone who had known Liberty's brothers that well would have felt that their protective behavior was a little over the top.

The real reason why Rocky dragged Skye and Zuma out of bed so early was so he could at least seem a bit trustworthy in front of her brothers. He intentionally brought Skye along, just in case things got out of hand with Max or any of Liberty's brothers.

And alongside that, Liberty had told Rocky that her brothers find it annoying when she spends a lot of time with male pups, as they don't really trust them as much. Rocky assumed that maybe bringing Skye would put them at ease and lessen their suspicion of his motivations. Rocky was eager to go above and beyond to gain the trust of Liberty's brothers, and he was anxious to show them that he was a responsible and polite guy.

"...So, what was the reason that you dragged me out of bed this early for this time, Rocky?" Skye tiredly asked, shielding her face from the sun.

"This time?" Zuma asked confusingly as he looked over to Skye. "He does this more than once?"