Hero Pup

Summer Pups

Chapter 12:

Hero Pup

Monday June 15, 2020

12:58 pm

[Skye's POV]

It was only me and Everest in the house. My mom went out to get some dogs to help her get Chase and Rocky out from underwater. Everest was curled up like a ball on the floor whining. I was sitting next to her and rubbing her so she would calm down. I have never seen her so upset before. I was begging her to calm down but everytime I kept telling her, she would cry harder. I sighed. How am I able to get her to stop crying? Wait, I got it!

Skye: "Ev-Everest? E-Evey?"

She stopped crying for a second and slowly looked at me. She still had that sad look on her face. Maybe it's working? The reason why I said that was because I heard Chase call her that one time and I was hoping to get her to talk about the fun things she and Chase have done together ever since they became mates.

Everest: "Wh-*Sniff* Wh-What..? Wh-What did you *Hic* call m-me..?"

Skye: "Uhm..- E-Evey?" - I sheepishly smiled.

She stared at me with a blank expression. It was kind of starting to weird me out. She wasn't saying anything. Maybe I would rather have her crying than this. Maybe I should stop because I'm probably making her feel worse.

Skye: "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I-I tried to help."

Everest: "N-No, it's okay... It's just..It's just that..I thought... It just felt like he was here for a second when you said that. He calls me that all of the time."

Skye: "Really? And what do you call him?"

Everest: "Ch-Chasey."

I smiled. Not because I was happy, but because I was going to laugh, but I didn't want to do it in front of her because she was still sad. I tried to hide my silent laughter the best I could.