Too Close

Summer Pups

Chapter 20:

Too Close

Monday June 29, 2020

8:23 pm

[Skye's POV]

For the past 30 minutes, I have been sitting in me and Marshall's room, staring at the ceiling in the dark. The only light was emitting from the TV, which I'm not even sure what was even playing. I was incredibly ashamed of what I had done. As a matter of fact, I have no idea what I did. But I know one thing. I just lost myself. I ALMOST let my intrusive thoughts win. I almost kissed Chase.

[Before - 7:24 pm]

I felt a little uncomfortable when Chase was looking at me. I thought he had something to say to me at first, but after a minute, he just kept staring at me. If he does have something to say, he can say it himself. I simply continued to act like I was reading. I slowly looked up after thirty seconds, and he was still staring at me. My cheeks flushed. Is there a chance he still has feelings for me? No, that's wrong; he's with Everest. There's only one way to find out, though, I suppose. I finally mustered up the courage to break the silence and call out his name, hoping to get his attention.

Skye: "Chase?"

He jumped up like he just woke up from a terrible dream. Was he that distracted?

Chase: "Oh! Y-Yeah?"

Skye: "Y-You've been staring at me for quite a while. Is there something you want to say to me?"

He paused for a moment. This was the weirdest thing he has done in a while. But for some reason, I wasn't too bothered by it.

Chase: "Oh- I-I wasn't staring at you! I-I..I was looking..A-At that book you were reading!"

Skye: "Oh, this? Aviator Dogs?" - I asked him while showing him the cover.

Chase: "Uhm..Y-Yeah! Wh-What's it about?"

I gave him a confusing look. When did he become interested in things related to aircraft? Well, I suppose I could tell him. Perhaps he has changed his mind and wants to be a pilot like me instead of a police pup.