Museum Walk

Summer Pups

Chapter 7:

Museum Walk

Friday June 12, 2020

9:32 am

[Chase's POV]

It was just me and Everest on the bus. She was resting on my shoulder. I was about to drift away to sleep myself. Today, Rocky had an idea to take us all to a museum that is about an hour away from where we lived. When I asked him what museum it was, he told me that it's an industrial museum, meaning that it was filled with different sections of interest. It hit me now. I've been there when I was a little pup. There was one area I liked. I couldn't exactly remember what the name was though. All I know is that it had a little model of Adventure City in the middle of the building. With traveling, I didn't have any problem since I always take a bus to wherever I need to go. I called Everest to see if she wanted to go, and she said yes. I figured she would since she's so attached to me, not that I'm complaining. She wouldn't even go home unless her mom told her to. In fact, I've been showing her all kinds of fun things that we do in school. From festivals, to dances, to pep rallies and so much more! I think she'll enjoy that a lot. Hopefully I can convince her to start going back to school again. I wanted to see if my sister Carly wanted to come along but she said she wanted to stay back home. Sometimes I think it's because she doesn't like my friends. I think she's alright with Marshall and maybe Skye but I'm not sure about the rest of the three. Rubble said he wasn't going to be able to go since he had plans with his family today, including the weekend. I just hope that the rest are coming. I think that it would be a bit boring if it was just me, Everest and Rocky. Nah, I'm sure they will be there. Everest and I left about ten minutes ago so we would be at the museum at around 10:20 or something. Since it's going to be a long drive, I might as well get comfortable. I didn't really get a lot of sleep last night because Carly was still grieving about our mother and I was there comforting her. It's going to take us a while to get over. I rested my head on top of Everest's and drifted off to sleep.

10:43 am

I felt someone gently shake me to wake me up. I softly opened my eyes and saw Everest in front of me.

Everest: "Come on Chase, this is our stop!"

I got up and stretched. That ride took longer than I expected. Also, I'm starting to think that Everest is the only pup that knows how to properly wake up someone when they're sleeping. At home, whenever I'm sleeping and my sister is trying to wake me up, she would run in my room and jump on my bed. Now, it wouldn't be as bad if she wasn't always jumping on me on purpose. A year ago, I was sleeping with Skye at her house. I wanted to sleep in for a while, but she wouldn't let me. She would just hit me with her pillow repeatedly and won't stop until I wake up. The male pups are worse though. Zuma sprayed water on me, Rocky threw eggs at me and Rubble, he would just wake me up with his snoring.