Back Home

Summer Pups

Chapter 27:

[Back Home]

Thursday July 1, 2020

4:53 am

[No one's POV]

The pups were back on the road, on their way back to their home. Every single one of them enjoyed their 3-day vacation away from Adventure Bay. They strolled along the boardwalk, played a variety of games, and some of them even went swimming at the beach. None of them could stay awake for the whole drive, no matter how much they wanted to talk about it. They were woken up around 4 in the morning since the drive back was going to take a while. Zuma's parents also thought it would be best for them to do it so they could beat traffic. Before getting in the car, most of the pups were sleepwalking since they were woken up extremely early to pack their stuff and put it in the trunk of the van, except for Skye and Marshall. Fortunately, they had packed their belongings beforehand, so all they had to do was get up, grab their luggage, get in the car, and fall right back to sleep.

The puppies tried to settle in as much as they could for the lengthy trek home. Rocky and Rubble tried curling up in their seats since they didn't bring anything that could serve as pillows or something more comforting. Zuma looked over and saw how uncomfortable Rocky looked. He was looking around behind him to see if anyone was awake and would see what he was about to do. He even looked at his parents up front. His father was in the passenger seat, asleep, but his mother was driving with her eyes directly on the road. Once he was positive that no one was looking, he slowly reached over to Rocky, wrapped his arms around his body, and pulled him to lay on him.

Rocky was a heavy sleeper, so it didn't surprise Zuma that he didn't wake up. With Rocky being so close to Zuma, he was able to smell him, which made Zuma's face turn hot. Zuma's heart raced as he tried to suppress his growing feelings for Rocky. He was left wondering if Rocky would ever think the same of him. However, Zuma couldn't help but get a jealous feeling because of how much Rocky seems to lust after Liberty, the Daschund. He knew he had to keep his emotions hidden and continue being there for Rocky as a friend, even if it meant silently longing for something more.

In the middle seat, Chase was resting on Everest's giant stuffed bear while she laid on top of him with a blanket she brought with her for the trip. The sensation of Everest's body against his own warmth made Chase smile. He cherished these moments of intimacy while they were mates.