Tough Memory

Summer Pups

Chapter 25:

[Tough Memory]

Wednesday June 31, 2020

8:21 am

[Rubble's POV]

Today was our last full day at the resort. We were planning to leave early in the morning. Like so early, that it's still dark outside, that's how early. I wasn't ready to leave just yet, though. I was beginning to love this place more than Adventure Bay. The resort had become my home away from home, with its beautiful beaches and endless activities. And then I would also miss the bed I was sleeping on. It was so soft. I would immediately fall asleep every time I lay on it.

I was lying on the couch in the living room, watching some random TV shows. The couch was not nearly as comfortable as the bed, but it still provided a cozy spot to relax. I couldn't find a show to watch since there weren't any new Apollo The Super-Pup episodes. The pups keep telling me to find a new show, but I keep denying it. I really love that show. Apollo made up my entire childhood. The familiar theme song and the adventures of Apollo and his super-powered pup friends always brought a smile to my face. It was like a comforting escape from reality, reminding me of simpler times.

I was struggling to find a show, so I just went to a random national geographic channel, sat the remote on the table, and laid back on the couch. Aside from watching my favorite show, I kind of have a soft spot for National Geographic, mainly because of the animals. I've always been fascinated by the incredible diversity of wildlife and the breathtaking landscapes showcased in their documentaries. I feel like I learned a lot about them.

As I was watching the show, I heard footsteps coming from the hallway. I turned and saw Everest. I'm assuming she just woke up. It looked like she was working on her fur, but it was still a bit messy. I saw that she was wearing her toboggan, too. That's when I realized that I had never seen her without it on her head. It even made me wonder if she finds comfort in keeping it on even while she sleeps. I don't think it's weird, though. I just wondered if she's comfortable like that. I decided to greet her this morning.

Rubble: "Hey Everest!"

She stopped and looked at me for a moment. I quickly darted my eyes around, one because it was rude to stare at someone, and second, she was already beginning to creep me out. She then shook her head and put on a smile.