So Weird...

Summer Pups

Chapter 35:

[So Weird...]

Saturday July 11, 2020

[No one's POV]

Is it possible that the pups have been a bit distant with each other lately? No, that can't be right. They still sort of hang out. Well, maybe they're just going through a phase of needing more space from each other. And that's perfectly normal for friends to take some time away from each other.

Besides, they are growing up, moving on to their freshman year of high school. And it's impossible for the pups to be friends anymore. They each made a pact with each other to never let anything jeopardize their friendship.

Skye almost spends her entire day with her mate, Marshall. Sometimes, she wouldn't even go to sleep until it was like four in the morning because she was either texting him or calling him.

Ever since Rocky's childhood friend, Cory, returned to Adventure Bay, they've become inseparable. And the same can almost be said about Rocky and Liberty. That's if her three overprotective brothers don't scare him away first.

Rubble just hangs out with whoever he wants to hang out with or with his other friends from another school. None of the other pups really met his other friends. Well, technically, only Rocky and Zuma, but they don't really interact with them as much.

Zuma, being the usual indoorsy-type pup that he is, would stay in his room on the bed, playing video games while casually thinking about Rocky every now and then. To this day, he is still asking himself if Rocky was really into boys or not, and if he was, does he like Zuma?

Most of the pups haven't really seen Marshall that much since summer started. Besides the trip they've all gone on, the only pups he's mainly around with are either Skye or Everest. Skye, because he's her mate, and Everest, because she could never really have the chance to spend her time with her mate, Chase.

Speaking of Chase, he has become a bit distant with everyone lately. It's no doubt that Gasket was the cause of the change in Chase's behavior. But no one really knows about that since none of them have really met Gasket before. Everest, she has, but they're not that close.

Ella and Tuck—they're just anything. Sometimes they hang out with the pups, and sometimes they don't. They would often stay inside and play around with each other. You know, everyday brother-and-sister stuff, whatever that means.