Dog Fight

Summer Pups

Chapter 26:

[Dog Fight]

Wednesday June 31, 2020

12:35 pm

[No one's POV]

Marshall: "A-Are you sure you w-want to pack up t-this early? W-We still have a lot of time left until we actually HAVE to go home."

Skye: "I don't want to be woken up early, pack up, and then put my stuff in the car. I want to be woken up, put my stuff in the car, and then go right back to sleep."

Marshall: "I-I guess I can see your point. I w-will do the same as you."

Skye made the early decision to pack her belongings because she knew it would be their last day at the resort and she didn't want to deal with it in the morning. She wanted to make the most of their remaining time and not waste it on packing and rushing to leave. Marshall made the same decision as her. He understood that by leaving early, he would also be able to enjoy their final hours at the resort and have a stress-free morning.

Marshall: "He-Hey, I've been thinking. How about we spend this day for ourselves?"

Skye: "Huh? What do you mean?"

Marshall: "I mean th-that it could be just us two. We could e-enjoy the last day for ourselves wi-without the others."

She had a big smile on her face. She's been looking forward to this moment ever since they arrived here.

Skye: "Sure! We could probably also go take a walk on the beach! When do you want to go?"

Marshall: "Maybe as soon as we're done packing. I want to try to make the best of it."

Skye: "Oh! And maybe we could have a picnic while we're over there too!"

Marshall: "W-We could probably get some ice cream w-while we're over there also!"

Marshall could see the excitement in Skye's eyes as she eagerly nodded in agreement.

Skye: "Well then, let's hurry up so we can do all of that!"

The two love-pups wasted no time making sure they had everything packed in their bags. Both of them knew they wouldn't have the energy to pack up their stuff if they woke up early tomorrow. Before taking a ride back home, they wanted to make the most of their day at the beach and enjoy a peaceful evening. Once they were finished backing up their belongings, Skye told Marshall that she would make the food for their picnic, and Marshall was going to try and find a blanket for them to use while they were at the beach. As Skye was making the sandwiches', Zuma walked into the kitchen. He had just woken up from his deep sleep. He sniffed the air, catching a whiff of the delicious aroma coming from Skye's sandwich-making.