Chapter 56

Lately I've been having this problem of remembering the plot of this fanfiction. Like my memory sucks. Sucks so much that i can't remember what i was writing and like the little plot points i put in the previous chapters. so im also rereading my work TvT. 

~~~

Izuku's POV

He wakes up in a blindingly white room still fully clothed. He's just laid a top the hospital cot and Izuku has to control his breathing to keep the same steady calm breaths he would be taking if he was asleep. Waking up like this again was not enjoyable.

Chiyo rushes to his side immediately and hands him a chocolate bar to eat. 

"Eat and then you can go." She tells him.

Izuku accepts the chocolate bar and opens it. He's sitting up now and looking around the room he can see that it's not just him here. Shoto is also sitting up on another cot and is munching on his chocolate bar.

Izuku gets out of his bed ignoring the aching pain that covers his body. His head was throbbing and there was the faintly visible line of gauze that reminded him of their earlier match. Izuku just wordlessly hands the chocolate bar to Shoto and moves to exit the room.

"Um." Shoto says awkwardly as he stares at the bar placed on his bed. "Why did you try to provoke me during the match?"

Izuku sighs his back facing Shoto as he was moving through the door. "I don't know. Just felt like it."

Izuku leaves the befuddled Shoto behind him as he exits the nurse's office. Chiyo side-eyes him but seeing how Shoto had accepted his chocolate bar earlier and Izuku in turn had thrown it away in his own trash can, Chiyo wouldn't be able to tell that he didn't eat his chocolate bar at all. 

With a small polite dip of his head he continues walking, lost in thought. Earlier he had seen Shigaraki Tomura in the stands, that's what caused him to loose the match, but why was the villain here? He'd met Shigaraki only twice before. Once as Akari and the other as Nijima Aoi. But when he'd been Izuku Midoriya, he'd heard of the infamous Shigaraki Tomura. 

The more Izuku thought about it, the only reason Shigaraki would be hanging out around Izuku was to collect information about him. To maybe convince the doctor that Nijima Aoi was Izuku Midoriya... the doctor would be convince to rally forces to come for Izuku.

Izuku sighs leaning on the wall as his body's muscles tighten in response. The students, the teachers, nobody was prepared if the doctor did indeed attack.

That would be bad. Really bad, Izuku would be fine some way. But the others? They would be killed, nobody left to live. 

Cheering from the arena side reminds him of the Sport Festival that was still continuing and Izuku finally has another argument with himself. Should he go back and watch the rest of the matches? Or should he just go home?

This was a bad idea, Izuku thought, as he returned to the benches that overlooked the one v one matches.

Scanning the crowd again, Izuku could hardly see anyone's features but he knew in his gut that Shigaraki was already long gone. With a demured sigh he plops down next to Kaminari which was the only spot open left and the electric boy looks at him in suprise before shouting.

"HEY GUYS! LOOK WHO CAME BACK." All the students in Class 1A who were present spun in their chairs to see Izuku who managed to plaster on a small smile onto his face.

"Welcome back!" Kirishima shouted, "That was a very manly fight."

"YEAH!" Sero smirked, "What happened at the end? I couldn't really see your face but based on the talk amongst the audience it looked like you were frozen in shock."