That Wallflower (Coming May 28, 2013)

Prologue

Jade

Three years. That's how long I had gone unnoticed, undetected. Since late freshman year I was transparent. You could look right on through me and my suspenders, bows, high waist shorts, my simple golden hair, and my thick square rimmed glasses. The only reason I had even begun to wear all the bows, and suspenders, and all was to get their attention, anyone's attention. But it didn't matter as it became my daily fashion sort of.

I'm not really noticed, but with time I've come to appreciate that after watching all the drama that comes with being in the game. The players, the annoying, slutty popular girls, the nerds who are actually noticed and bullied in favor of the attention, and of course all the events that come with those labels. The heartbreaks, the lost virginities, the pregnancy, the suicide, the running away . . . all of that. But I was then able to avoid that.

Because nobody notices.

Until now at least. Until the leader of what I call the Shining Trio has decided a fourth member isn't too shabby an idea. Every girl, even a couple of guys, are now jumping through hoops in hopes of catching Miss Perrie Edwards' attention to impress their way into the group, something I didn't bother with.

So how come I had to be caught up in the one idiot player's attention that soon raveled me up in theirs? How come I, of all people, was picked from the swarm?