Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Harry

I laughed. “What are you doing?’ I asked.

Louis grinned brightly at me and then set a hand out. “Stop the traffic.” Another arm came up. “Let em through.” He then began to make a forth coming motion bobbing his head to with one of the cheesiest grins ever.

We all laughed.

I shook my head. “You are so crazy.”

He nodded with a proud smile. “I know.”

“So, Niall, what’s up with you?” Liam asked.

We all looked at Niall who was frowning at his iPhone. He looked up from it and quickly stuffed his phone into his pocket causing us to raise our eyebrows in suspicion.

“Nothing. Just a . . . strange . . .” His brow furrowed “. . . confusing text from a friend is all.”

“Who?’ Zayn asked in confusion.

“Yeah. Who?” I tried to mimic the curiosity of Zayn’s tone so he wouldn’t hear the accusation underlying it.

“Just . . . you know . . . a lady friend, I guess you could say,” he said nervously.

I didn’t need to question him any further because like a Tommo ninja, Louis somehow got his phone. He smirked. “Awww. Somebody must be in the fancying park if they can’t even tell their closest mates her name,” he cooed.

“Who is she?’ Zayn laughed.

“Why, the lovely Jade, of course.”

Niall

For some reason I felt as though Liam and Harry were murdering me with their eyes, so I just kept my eyes averted to the ground. Oh, look; an ant.

Take me with you . . .

“The fancying park, eh?” Zayn asked.

I looked up sheepishly and shook my head. “We’re just friends.”

“Avoiding the question, I see,” Louis winked, causing me to blush slightly.

I shook my head and lied, “No. She’s more of a little sister to me.” I didn’t have a crush on her, but at the same time . . . I can’t just genuinely mark her off as nothing but a little sister figure. But if it’ll make Liam and Harry quit glaring at me and the other two from pestering me, so be it.

“Yeah. Hey, what did the text say?” Liam asked.

“’When you see me at school today, promise not to laugh, okay?’” Louis quoted, tossing my phone back at me. I caught it -thankfully- and then placed it back into my pockets.

“What does she mean by that?” Liam asked.

I shrugged. “She doesn’t mention it. But I guess we’ll see later.”

Jade

“I feel ridiculous!”

“Well you picked them!”

I sighed. She was right about that. I did choose to buy these clothes. I looked down at myself. Not only that but they’d convinced me to dye my hair; I can’t completely blame them for that because I’d actually let them convince me into it and I’d even chosen the color with the excitement of a child in a sweets shop. It’s not that these clothes weren’t me . . .

It’s just they were too me.

“And we already paid for them. and you removed the tags,” Leigh Anne sang.