Chapter 9 not edited. at all. sorry. :/

Chapter 9

I laughed at the joke Mr. Fray made with the other students in class. Mr. Fray was so funny and always got something in each day to laugh about.

As this was happening though, I heard it. The undeniable whispers with the name Jade in the sentence.

"Look at those glasses," one of the girls snickered.

"I know. I think my grandpa has an exact replica. From 1931."

They laughed and I only took my glasses off, pretending to wipe them with the skirt of my dress. I sighed as I tried not to straight up cry. This bullying thing had begun a couple weeks ago when I had been prescribed glasses because of my blurry eyesight. Suddenly these girls began to pick on me and some of the people I constantly talked to seemed to freeze me out. They'd wave and smile in a somewhat friendly way and then they'd go back to whatever they were doing as if they never saw me.

I hesitated as I brought the lenses back close to my face. I knew wearing them meant more laughter from the clique of mean girls.

I finally nestled them in the bridge of my nose and tried not to show any shame in wearing them.

The bell shrieked signaling recess so I stood up and brought my book out with me. I was reading a story called White Fang though I admit sometimes I struggled with a couple words and had to ask some of the adults what they meant.

I chose to read this in the bathroom because it was quiet in there and I might be at to avoid I think it was Rachel and her posy.

I walked in and poked my glasses back up the bridge of my nose before I got into a stall.

I was flipping through some pages when I heard suspicious giggling.

"Hello?" I asked in confusion.

There was a loud shutting sound that made me go rigid. The lights shut off to make it all the more better. I shot up and tried to open the stall door. It was locked. I quickly opened it back up and then stepped out.

I could barely see anything as I looked around the darkness of the bathroom. I went to the door and when it wouldn't budge I began to scream.

The sound if the bell overpowered my vocals greatly as I shrieked and began to point against the door with my fists as fear swelled in the pit if my stomach.

"Help! help, please, somebody get me out of here!"

When no one replied tears began to drop down my face.

"Please!" I whimpered as if using the magic word would get me out of this one.

I didn't give up even though I felt like my lungs were getting tighter and tighter by the second with every pound if my tiny fists to the door.

"SOMEBODY PLEASE!"

I kicked the door desperately and began to pant, gasping for breath. "Please!" I sobbed between breathing spasms.

The door opened slowly. "Hello?"

Without thinking I immediately jumped into my hero's arms. I sobbed brokenly, trying not to think of being trapped in that compressed room without much of any vision. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"Whoa, whoa, what happened?"

I shook my head. "I don't know!" I cried.

"Okay, okay. What's your name, love?" he asked me.