Chapter 14

Chapter 14

“Well, I guess this is where it ends, then?” I asked. I looked up at Gavin. Our date was over. He had basically taken me to see a movie and then we walked around for a while. It was nice considering I hardly ever leave the campus and he was such a nice guy.

He made a decisive noise. “At least for now.”

My eyebrows raised and I smiled with him before he turned around and walked away. I nodded and then stepped into my room.

“But no! Jacob is way hotter!”

“But, Edward belongs with Bella,” Leigh Anne countered.

Perrie tapped her chin. “Okay, true, but can we just discuss what’s so special about Bella in the first place other than her little mind block?”

“I know, right!” Jesy exclaimed.

“Can someone explain what you guys are doing in my room?” I asked, bringing their attention to me.

They all turned their heads and Perrie smiled. “We’re just chatting.”

I was quiet before I said, “You did catch the word ‘my’ before I said ‘room’, right?” I raised an eyebrow and they chortled together.

“Oh, Jade, you’re so funny,” Perrie said, swinging her legs off the bed to come towards me. She put her arm around my shoulders. “Mi casa, su casa, correct?”

I quirked an eyebrow again. “You take Spanish?”

She rolled her eyes. “Obviously not, that’s just a block buster wide used term, so why not?” she shrugged, sitting back down, bringing a Caprisun (where it came from, I don’t know) to her lips. She sipped from the pouch looking at me with wide blue, innocent eyes.

I rolled my hazel ones. “Yeah, well, too bad they don’t allow slumber parties, right?”

Leigh Anne jumped. “They do! We should totally have one! After all, it is the weekend,” Leigh Anne smiled.

I shook my head. “No it isn’t,” I couldn’t help but say somewhat condescendingly.

She rolled her eyes. “So? We live a couple halls down and all, so why not?”

“Because it’s a Wednesday night?” I asked. “There’s homework, studying for weekly tests, and then ou-”

“Jade, Jade, Jade,” Leigh Anne said, coming up next to me. “Sweet, sweet,” she put her arm around my shoulder much like Perrie had done, “nerdy, and innocent, Jade,” she described.

I gave her a look and she looked at me. “Why don’t we just forget about all that shit you just finished talking about for tonight? Loosen up, Hun. Everyone can use a little break. Plus-” She plopped back onto the bed and smiled at me sweetly. “I want to know what happened with that boy of yours.”

~*~

Leigh Anne guffawed. “Really?”

I nodded. “He freaked out and then started swearing about seagulls being in England,” I chuckled at the memory of Gavin swatting at a seagull that had taken a liking to him and his hot dog.

Leigh Anne gasped for breathing as she slapped her thigh. “Oh. I wish I’d have seen that.”

“Me too!” Jesy joined with Perrie giggling into a pillow. Once they’d gotten their stuff from their rooms it was clear I was having my first female sleepover.

"Time to ask the dangerous question..." Perrie trailed off.

"What?" I asked when their laughter dried up.