Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Jade

He was avoiding me. I sighed. Maybe I did deserve it, I mean all Niall has wanted to do for about the past five days is talk, but I was nervous! He is just retaliating. Oh well. I am going to speak to him anyways. I was walking down the hallway towards the library.

I was fuming. “Niall stupid Horan. You and I are going to fucking talk and I am going to apologize and we’re gonna be friends and-” Words dried up as I inhaled sharply, turning a corner. A girl was laying on the floor, passed out it seemed, with her locker wide open. My eyes were wide as I rushed towards the girl’s side.

Cordelia.

“Oh my God,” I whispered as blood was spilling from her head at a slow rate. At least it wasn’t like she was bleeding out in front of me, but I knew that she could have serious brain damage, right? That amount of blood can’t be healthy. I was freaking out, so I did the first thing that came to mind.

I screamed my fucking head off.

A teacher came out of one of the classrooms and I heard a few people approaching.

“Miss?”

I was shaking as I acknowledged the adult to approach me. “C-Cordelia! M-my sister she- she’s hurt!” Did I just call Cordelia my sister?

Oh my God.

The teacher stared down at the motionless Cordelia and then nodded. He told me, “Wait here. Make sure she’s still breathing.”

“Jade?”

I looked up. “Oh my God, Harry!” I exclaimed, tears in my eyes. “It’s Cordelia!” I shouted, motioning towards her. His eyes widened and he was quick to squat down and pick her up in his arms. Cordelia whimpered and her eyebrows came together, tears falling from her eyes. He stared down at her.

“Cordelia?”

“It hurts,” she whispered softly.

He shook his head. “Do you know how this happened?” he asked her in a gentle tone one would use with a child.

“I-I don’t . . . she- she. . .” She must’ve passed out again, because suddenly she was quiet. The teacher returned and he had a concerned look on his face.

Harry looked up. “Sir, I would like to take Cordelia to the nurse’s office.”

I tried not to show how- well- semi jealous hearing him say those words made me.

He shook his head. “I’m sorry, but this kind of damage needs to be treated by a hospital.”

A crowd of people had gathered around us all and Cordelia was still fast asleep in Harry’s arms. I then blurted, “I would like to accompany her.” He eyed me warily and I was quick to add, “She- she’s my step sister.”

I grimaced. I honestly had no clue why I was suddenly acting like I cared about her, but this wasn’t a playground injury.

The teacher nodded. “You, young man. We need to go to the front of the school to wait for the ambulance. They’re on their way as we speak and the quicker we get her checked out, the better her results will hopefully be.”

He nodded and then began to take long strides and I swore, stumbling to keep up with him. Damn him and his long legs, I cursed internally. I followed best I could and when we reached the front of the school I saw the ambulance. They approached Harry with a gurney and they rest her on it. They were about to part him from her, but her eyes opened and she reached out and clutched onto him. I didn’t hear a thing of what she said, but I saw her lips move and Harry had his ear to her face and it was as though everything fit into place, because his expression brightened in realization, before morphing into something dark and stoic. He nodded and then I think he said, “I’m sorry” before he kissed her on a part of her forehead that didn’t have blood sticking to it.