Chapter 18

*unedited*

Chapter 18

Harry

"Harry!"

I barely heard the call of my name. I looked around. "What was that?" I asked.

Mrs. Clarke shook her head. "I'm sure it was nothing you need to worry about, but you do need to worry about this D that is slowly dwindling to an F," she informed me.

For a second I stared blankly at the progress report card. "Okay," I answered after what seemed like a long time.

She sighed. "Okay? Okay? It’s maths, Harry, it's not at all that hard. You're a great student and I think you could get better," she huffed.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my curly hair. I honestly didn't want to be awake at this time but I got an email asking me to come see her whenever possible and she conveniently was already here. I slid my hand down my face tiredly, my brain still cleaning itself.

"I- I- I guess you're right. I'm already being tutored for ELA so I'll make sure to ask her about maths," I practically slurred in fatigue.

"Her?"

I opened my eyes and saw disbelief. I laughed. "Don't worry, she takes it seriously."

"And I assume you do too?" she asked.

I was slow to answer. "Uh... yeah. Sure," I nodded.

She sighed. "Okay then. I guess that's all. Just at least try to get better, because I know you can." She smiled encouragingly and I returned my own smile of gratitude.

"Of course. Now have a good morning and I'll see you in 6th," I nodded.

"You too, Harold."

I swear, most of my teachers call me that just to get under my skin. I saluted as I walked through the door, out to the halls. I still was having trouble getting over being called. I swear that I heard what I heard. And I was scared, because it had sounded a lot like Jade. And if she was calling me for help then it had to be pretty damn urgent.

I decided to start with her room. Hopefully I’d find her there and I would be able to walk off and look for whoever else it was to call my name. I honestly just really wanted to know she was okay. I smiled at the thought of her opening the door with a scowl and her glasses sloppily placed on her nose as she began to chew me out for waking her up.

 The thought was just so amusing to me that I really was anticipating her being in her room even more. I was finally where I was needed. Guys were allowed in the girl’s premises from six to ten, but any time between that was unacceptable. Of course those rules were easily gotten around. Thankfully, it was conveniently 6:10 anyways so I should be good. I searched for her room, trying to remember where it was. Once I’d thought of last time I remembered it. 111.

I was soon in front of it and I knocked on the door. At first no one answered and I contemplated yelling, but it would be rude to the other ladies sleeping in the building. Look at me, all thinking of other people. I sighed and then reached in my jacket for my phone. Short of remembering I didn’t have it with me I also remembered it didn’t matter because she never gave me her number.

Sadly.

I sighed and then ruffled my curls in exasperation. I began to brood a little. Maybe she was in the meadow?

No. she was not in the meadow I soon discovered. So now I was semi panicking. Where would she go? If she were some place it’d most likely be secluded. She also couldn’t have been with any of the girls because when I’d called them, no one answered, so it was safe to presume they were asleep, still.