Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Previously on That Wallflower . . .

I was almost positive this would be the part where I give him my first kiss, but then the door opened.

“Jade are you-”

We both looked at the door and they gaped. My cheeks reddened in embarrassment. I was so never living this one down.

~*~

I was blushing so deeply as Harry gaped at the sight before him. Marcel pushed himself away from me and my attention went back to Marcel. They began his little stare down, both of them getting all tough looking. I swear, with the amount of testosterone in the air, I just might suffocate. Though that might save me from this embarrassing situation.

I got off the sink, almost falling. Marcel caught me at the same instance Harry came towards me. And then comes the continuation of the stare down.

“Umm- uh- Harry, this is Marcel, Marcel this is- er- Harry,” I introduced awkwardly. They said nothing to each other nor did they shake hands and at least fake being polite. “Um- Harry you were saying . . .?”

When he turned that harsh glare on me I wanted to cower like I had earlier.

“I was looking for you because I wanted to know if you were okay.” His voice was detached, as if we had just met and he had no interest in getting to know me. I admit, it stung a little. He looked over at Marcel and sneered. “Looks like you found your perfect match; nerd for nerd.”

I scoffed. “That’s enough, Harry,” I said, placing him with my own firm glower.

He looked back at me. “Sorry? Did I offend you? In fact, did I interrupt your little make out session? I was starting to wonder if you were as innocent as everyone believes.”

“That’s enough, Harry,” Marcel repeated when my expression deflated to one of hurt.

“Nice to know you’ve got a boyfriend to protect you. I wonder how Gavin is going to take the news. Poor lad never had a chance did he?”

“Who are we talking about now, huh? You or him?” Marcel retorted.

His eyes narrowed and his nostrils flared. “Fuck off,” he spat.

“Harry, stop being so-”

“So what, Sweetheart? I bet you’re not even a virgin.”

Now that was going too far.

“Here’s an idea: how about you fuck off?” I spat before shoving him.

He stumbled back. “Fine! Fuck both of you then!”

I glared at him until he was through the door. I refused to cry. I would not let him be the reason for my tears again. I shook my head and chased after him. “You know you can’t do this!” I shouted at him.

He turned around. “Do what?” he demanded.

“Act like you care!” I said.

He shook his head. “Who said I was acting?”

Tears were collecting in the corners of my eyes. “Why wouldn’t you be? Tell me what’s so special about me? Why are you constantly chasing after me when I clearly couldn’t care less about you?”

“Don’t care? You’re telling me you don’t care right now? That’s bullshit, Jade, and you know it,” he said, stepping towards me. “Look who’s acting now, Sweetheart,” he whispered.