Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"What's going on here ladies?"

I turned my head and saw Zayn. He stood there with an evident frown on his face and I swallowed because he did look slightly intimidating though I doubt it was intentional.

The girl backed away from me carefully with a smile. "Nothing, Zayn. Just a friendly chat."

"Because chats with you are usually friendly, aren't they Rachel?" he asked accusingly.

She stepped towards him and slowed down next to him and said in what I'm assuming was supposed to be a seductive voice, "Always." Smirking, she and her little pack ran off whilst I was revolted by how she had gotten on me about Harry and yet was flirting with Zayn who was already taken anyways.

Zayn rolled his eyes and shook his head once they were all gone. "You okay there, Jade?" he asked.

I nodded. "How'd you find me?"

He smiled. "My locker isn't too far down from here."

I nodded. It made sense since I was rarely at my locker too often, so I wouldn’t really know.

"Well, thank you."

He smiled. "No problem, Jade."

I noticed the way Zayn looked at me like an adult would look at a child. In a sort of fond way. Protective even.

"What time is it?" I murmured to myself with a frown. I looked down at my wrist and sighed. 8:21.

I looked up at Zayn and smiled before thanking him again. "Thanks again for saving me from the wicked witch of the west," she joked.

He smiled. "No problem," he repeated. "Bye!" he waved at me.

I smiled and began walking towards Mr. Daren's class.

~*~

At lunch I once again found myself trying my best to avoid the one, the only: Harry Styles. That also meant avoiding the girls and boys too sadly.

I wasn't sure where to go, because most girls in lonely movies sit in stalls in the bathroom to eat (or was that just Mean Girls?) and when I attempted that nearly ten years ago I got locked in, had a panic attack, and an eternal fear of darkness and closed spaces.

Don't need history repeating itself.

I usually had no problem eating in the cafeteria alone where no one ever notices me, but that was taken away from me by Perrie and Harry, and as I said: I was avoiding those outgoing people.

The meadow, I thought.

So when the bell rang signaling the end of third period, I stood up and with my books against my chest, scurried out the room. The flow of kids have always been challenging to me. I was small so I was always trying to swerve around people who never noticed me, though it’s all very different now. People actually looked at me as I tried to squirm through them and their friends. I kept my eyes down, not used to not having the feeling of my glasses sliding as I did so.

I sighed and the next bell rang leaving the halls quieter and free of loud, social, teenage, activity as a few late kids were running and rushing to class.

Suddenly I was met by force and I squealed in shock. Well I'll be damned if it’s that boy Harry, I thought in spite. I looked up and didn't see Harry, but instead a cute kid with glasses and his hair all gelled up. He had frantic jade eyes as he rushed to pick up papers that flee from his binder. (A/N: SOUND FAMILIAR MY BEARS? PS: I didn’t intend to make this character Marcel-y. I just thought, maybe an equally nerdy friend and then was like MARCEL? Might as well since the rest of the fandom has gone nuts with it. :P) Those eyes looked up at me and he said, "Sorry." He held a hand out to me and with a grunt I stood up l. I looked up to thank him but my hand felt cold along with the rest of me as he flew away (not in a literal sense) to get to class I assume.