Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Niall

I wasn’t sure at all what was going on with Cordelia, but I admit that I was feeling slightly betrayed since I did not know of her beforehand. I continued to walk around. I had been told that she was with her “blond friend” and she was undoubtedly discussing Perrie, but I wasn’t sure if I should go.

I mean, I won’t lie, I honestly want the conversation to be more private, but that might be hard if we’re in Perrie’s room.

I sighed and then stood up from where I sat in my own room. Screw it, I thought. Liam had already gone to make his regret known so he wasn’t in the room like usual singing Justin Timberlake. I left my room bringing my jacket with me. December just began so everything is fucking ice cold right now.

Jade’s room was in the girl’s dorms which was across campus for reasons of gender difference. I knew that Perrie’s was close to it; sometimes I have to go there to find Zayn and other times we just hung out together.

I stuffed my hands into my pockets as I paced towards Jade’s room. I probably will get frostbite if I don’t.

When I reached her room I exhaled before lifting my hand and knocking on the door.

The door opened. I was met with Perrie’s wide blue eyes. They sparkled as she grinned. “Ello, Niall. What brings you by my flat this evening, hm?” she asked.

I blushed, though I’m sure it was easy to assume it was from the cold, as I shrugged sheepishly. “I’m looking for Jade, actually.”

She nodded. “Of course. I’ll go on another walk so you two can talk.” She glanced behind her and nodded at me. I heard her say, “It’s the blonde one.”

I grinned and chuckled as she passed by me, putting on a jacket. “I’ll be back you two.” She whispered quietly, “I’ll tell you what I told Liam: use protection.” She winked.

“Pez, stop!”

Perrie cackled loudly as she walked past me and off down the hall. “Just saying!”

Jade came to the door, a frown set in her eyebrow as she glared at Perrie’s still giddy retreating figure. She shook her head and exhaled. “Sorry. She’s . . . off,” she told me with a nod.

I grinned and then began to giggle, causing her to join. “I see,” I nodded.

She nodded. “Come on in.”

I nodded at her and then entered. It hadn’t really changed; sheets of paper laying around with a few journals, a lap top on a desk with pencils on it. I sighed and put my hands back in my pockets as the back of my neck began to itch again.

“So why are you here?” she questioned before sitting on the bed. She bounced causing her hair to fly up and down a bit.

I ruffled my hair and scrunched up my face. “Uh- it’s about earlier . . .” I trailed off, waiting for a reaction.

She remained impassive. “What about earlier?”

Her hazel eyes eyed me carefully and I felt a lump in my throat. Jeez. It’s times like this where I wish I would’ve thought everything through just a bit more. “Uhh,” I hummed vacantly. “I- I guess I’m sorry?”

“You guess?” she confirmed.

I hit my face. I sounded so dumb and I was very uncollected. I sighed. “Um, yeah.”

She nodded decisively. “So what exactly are you sorry for? For humiliating me? For starting a fight on stage?” she fired back to back. Her eyebrows rose. “I could go on. Pick your choice.”