Chapter 27

*unedited* :0

Chapter 27

Jade

My face flushed at the kiss. I honestly hadn’t really kissed many people in my life. I had kissed Mac on a few occasions and it was the same with Gavin. I was so young with Mac and Gavin was understanding about me not wanting a very sexual relationship, but none of their kisses held quite the passion and emotion of this one. 

My lips parted without me making a conscious decision to allow it to happen though I certainly didn’t protest when his tongue entered my mouth. Our tongues molded together and I could still feel water hitting my face as my eyes shut. This didn’t seem like it was The Notebook, but I did appreciate the whole heated argument and kiss in the rain.

He pulled back from the kiss and I was in awe almost as I looked up at him. I swallowed the dry lump in my throat. I smiled lightly and then whispered, “You.”

His eyes were a deep emerald in this rain and his curls stuck to his head from the water. Wow. I have kissed a lot of guys recently. Who’d’ve thought, right?

His eyes looked up from me and behind me. I frowned and when I turned around I saw a gaping Cordelia. She blushed. “S-Sorry. I’ll wait inside. That was just- really intense,” she muttered, turning around and walking back towards the building.

“Wait! Um- it’s okay. We should get going anyway,” I said. my eyes caught with Harry’s and he smiled.

“Of course.” But I did see the hurt in his eyes, though.

Shit, I am terrible with the opposite gender.

I sigh and get in the car with Cordelia following awkwardly. As we sat in the car she whispered, “I’m sorry. For ruining your moment.”

I shook my head. “I ruined it.” I turned my head to look out the window. I sighed.

“I always ruin it.”

~*~

When we reached the school I sighed as I exited the car. “Harry, can we-”

“Talk?” he threw back at me.

I nodded carefully.

He nodded. “Sure.”

He sounded irritated and he crossed his arms over his chest. His hair was slowly drying and it had stopped raining, yet both of us had clothes that were still soaked.

I sighed. “I’m sorry. I want us to talk about . . . what just happened.”

“What happened was for once we opened up to each other,” he stated. “But you closed right back up afterwards.”

I touched my temple and bit my lip. “I know! And I’m sorry, but-” I sighed. “I’m not good with ‘opening up.’ I don’t trust people because it always backfires and I don’t allow myself the chance of being loved at the thought of being rejected or even worse, to have them love me only to revoke it after an amount of time. That is what my life has been for the past ten years or so and I am sorry that it is affecting you, I just . . .” My eyes closed as I tried not to cry. I didn’t need to have a break down in front of him- another one. I sniffled and turned away from him. I was trying to calm my breathing and I heard him sigh before he pulled me in for a hug.

“Shhh . . .” he soothed while my body began to shake with sobs. “It’s alright.”

“I’m sorry,” I whispered repetitively.

“Jade, don’t be,” he murmured.

“I am.”

“I won’t leave you, Jade, I promise you, that I won’t. I just want a chance.”