Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"I'll lift you up, I'll never stop 

You know I'll take you to another world 

I'll build you up, I'll never stop  

You know I'll take you to another world."

-One Direction

Jade

Conversation around the table surrounded me. They were different from what I expected. They were all nice and all but . . . I just didn't understand why Perrie was doing this to me. Or harry. All morning he kept on making suggestive remarks, and flirting shamelessly.

I didn't really talk much at lunch. Except maybe once when I'd been spoken to directly.

"So how long have you been here?" Zayn asked casually.

I shrugged and before I could answer someone else did for me.

"Since year nine," Liam blurted. Everyone turned to him with quizzical looks and he blushed. He looked at me. "I uh, I knew you sort of in the first year of year nine. You were in my music class."

Everyone then turned to me. For a moment I stared at the ground trying to remember him and when I did I smiled brightly. "Oh, yeah! You're a great singer, Liam!"

He smiled warmly. "You too."

I was now blushing too as I fidgeted uncomfortably. "I only sang once in that class," I mumbled.

"Our loss, eh?" he joked.

"You sing?" Perrie asked.

I shrugged. "During free time, I guess."

"No way! We do too! Like all of us! It's quite ironic, really."

"That's nice," I said feeling my usually walls slowly making themselves back up and around to caging me in. I was now shifting and my eyes darted around almost looking for an escape.

Niall then started a conversation and I shot him a grateful look that he responded to with a cute braced smile. I was happy that the attention was now shifted to something else.

"Yes! Music is next!" Perrie cheered excitedly. "And we all have this period together." She beamed at us as we found the music room. We entered

"Isn't that exciting?" Harry smirked at me with a wink. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Super," I deadpanned super annoyed with this curly haired man whore. Why he's been pestering me all day I don't know. Sadly I have almost all my classes with him. Except for math, my sanctuary.

But of course, in this music class is the rest of the five and the trio. For absolute joy.

"Hello everybody. I'm your music teacher, Miss Lora," the lady up front greeted as we settled ourselves into a seat. She was a bit tall, but after closer accession I realized that she was wearing skyscrapers for heels. She had short, full, bouncy hair the color of coffee, grey eyes, and a motherly smile. "Now that we are in a new term you have new schedules and classmates. At first I didn't get it, but then I realized it's supposed to 'broaden your horizons' I guess." She air quoted with a smirk as she shook her head. "But long as I get paid, I don't argue." She continued, "So everyone here is to participate in this class. No slackers what so ever are allowed. There will be singing, writing, playing, and I'll give extra points for dancing.

"Now. I'm not saying you have to do everything. Make no mistake, I will form groups, pairs, and if you prefer so, there will be solo acts. But if you're in a group I wouldn't mind if one of you wrote, the other sang lead, another designed clothes, plays an instrument, I don't care. There just has to be work and effort. Participate. Make yourself useful somehow. Heck, do the makeup or just be a backup singer or dancer. Just don't be a tree stump, 'kay?"