Chapter 24

Song of the chapter right there on the side, but wait till I tell you to play it. And our newest character too. :D

Watch out. Some shit goes down in this chapter.

Chapter 26

Thirlwall. Thirlwall. He’s a Thirlwall? “Thirlwall?” I echoed.

Mr. Thirlwall nodded. “Yes.”

My dad. He was a Thirlwall too, right? Mum never told me much about him. I hardly remember him, but I do remember how much I loved him. “Do you know James Thirlwall?” I asked him desperately.

His forehead crinkled. “My cousin?”

My heart beat quickened. “Where is he?” I demanded. Is this it? Is he the key to finding my father again?

He looked back at Miss Lora who shook her head. What was even going on? What were they talking about? “Uhh. He is . . .” He reached behind him and scratched his head. “He’s dead, Jade.”

My world seemed to freeze. Dead. Did he ever really abandon me? Or did he just . . . die?

“How long has he been dead?” I asked.

“Nearly ten years. Why?” he questioned.

Tears gathered in my eyes. My mum never tld me this. How come she never told me this? “He was my father.”

He seemed totally shocked by me saying that. “What?”

I sniffled. I covered my mouth, unable to believe it. “He’s been dead this entire time?” I whispered.

“Jade. There is something I need to tell you.”

“Jonathan!”

Their bickering continued and I looked around me. My heartbeat quickened. Oh god. Oh god, oh god, oh god. Breathing was getting harder and I saw spots across my vision. “Wh-wha- please-” I sputtered. John turned around and his eyes widened.

“Jade?” The world turned to the side. “Jade!”

~*~

“I think she’s awake.”

“Is she?”

“Yeah. She’s moving.”

My eyes opened very slowly. I looked around the little nurse’s office. “Wh-what happened?” I asked groggily.

Leigh Anne’s face popped into my vision. She sighed. “Thank God, she’s alive!” she cheered before hugging me to her. “We thought we lost you, there!”

“Leigh, she fainted; she didn’t take a bullet to the chest,” Jesy stated matter of factly.

“Oh, hush up!” Leigh retorted.

“We were so worried!” Perrie squealed, also hugging me tightly. Jesus Christ, I didn’t know I was loved so much.

My eyes looked to where Gavin stood with his big kind brown eyes and sweet happy smile. I suddenly felt really ill. I think I’m going to throw up, I thought.

“Thanks, Pez,” I said quietly. I looked at her knowingly and then gave the same looks to the other two girls. Perrie sighed.

“Come on girls. We need to give the couple privacy,” she stated.

“Aww!” Leigh Anne whined, following them out the room, leaving me alone with Gavin.

Once the door was closed he immediately hugged me. My eyes widened in shock. “I was so worried about you,” he murmured into my hair.