Chapter 16

SCREW WRITER’S BLOCK! THIS IS WHAT YOU GOT AND YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT BUT THIS IS MY FAVORITE CHAPTER!

Chapter 16

"I want us to hang out."

What does that even mean? I asked myself. After he had told me that he just seemed to fade into oblivion, leaving me standing there at the steps of the stairs to the stage. Gavin eventually found me, wondering why I was there, asking if I planned to enter the costume contest. Of course I denied it and then just shrugged and explained my shyness. He smiled kindly and then we danced as in I watched as he danced terribly, laughing. I actually had fun. I seemed to be always laughing when I was with that boy.

But now I’m walking down the hall ways of the school, trying so hard to decipher what Harry had met when he said he wanted us to “hang out.” I mean, what? It shouldn’t be anything sexual; I made it clear that that was not an option. But then again, he’s Harry. Oh, dear lord, I hope he isn’t planning on seducing me or something.

I sighed and then turned a corner. I stopped short when I heard the sounds of beating.

“Look at him! Can’t even fight back!” I heard a male voice laugh.

I pressed myself against the wall and peeked at what was happening.

A poor boy was cowering against the lockers, hiding himself. My lips parted as I gasped too quietly for the predators to hear and go all cinema on me by staring at me and catching me. There were about four boys and I immediately thought of how unfair it was. I mean there was only one of him!

A leg shot out and hit the boy in his side, causing him to yelp and me to jump. I covered my mouth as my eyes burned. I’ve seen this before. I’ve watched someone get beat up, but the old me just looked down and rushed a way, not saying a word.

Well I’ve decided that new Jade is not going to let that shit get by

When he got hit again and pleaded, “Stop! Stop!” it soon wasn’t only him to say that.

I revealed myself, close to tears. “Stop! Stop it!” I barked.

One of the boys looked up, his smile dropping. But then when he took me in it turned into a smirk. “Well if it isn’t Styles’ little pet. Look what we got here, boys,” he nodded at me.

“I see why he likes her,” one of them began as they started to orbit around me. “She’s cute.”

I gaped, whirring around, trying to keep up with all their faces as they looked me up and down. I felt so naked. Oh my god, this is like the scene in Twilight!

Can my life get anymore annoyingly cliché? Now all I need is for either a bad boy to save me from these boys or a sparkly vampire.

I didn’t have time to decide which I would prefer more because one of them was still beating on the boy. “Come on1 you guys are hardly being fair!” I tried to reason. “I mean there are four of you and one of him,” I stated.

He paid no attention to me as he continued to beat on him.

“No! Leave him alone!” I shouted. The boy looked up finally and I gasped as I recognized the green eyes. It was the boy from the hall! And he suspiciously looked like Harry. What?

“Why? What are you going to do? Huh?”

I turned to the speaker. My eyes narrowed. “What are you going to do? Beat on a girl?” I questioned.