Chapter 26

Here’s an early update because-ya know- I’m AWESOME! Haha.

Can you guys help me make a playlist? I have some of the chapters covered, but if you have an idea or a chapter reminds you of a song feel free to comment of message/inbox. :D

And brace yourselves. >:D

Chapter 26

My eyes were wide as I stared at Cordelia. “Y- You’re pregnant?” she squeaked.

Her smile was sheepish as she stared at her fingers. “Yes.”

My mouth was agape in shock. Cordelia was pregnant. “Does- does your dad and my mum now?” I questioned.

She shook her head and her head shot up. “No! D- Don’t tell them!”

I sighed. No way. No way! She’s pregnant? A baby is currently developing inside her abdomen? My eyes narrowed onto her belly and I asked, “How long?”

She smiled. “Nearly seven weeks,” she said. “The doctor says that I might be one of those who won’t show for a while because I’m so thin.” She laughed.

I licked my lips. “Who’s the father?” I asked her.

Her smile dropped. She looked down again. “No one,” she mumbled. “I will raise this child on my own. I should be eighteen when its born, so maybe that will work in my benefit,” she said with confidence. She was back to smiling. “It was unexpected and at first I didn’t want it, but . . . now . . .” She trailed off. “I don’t know,” she sighed. “I want it more than anything. I think this baby will be the one.”

I frowned. “The one?”

She once again got that sad look. “The one that will truly love me,” she stated.

I stared at her. This was all happening so quickly. “When did you find out?”

Her eyes widened. She looked down and her mouth twitched. “I- uh- I almost . . .” She trailed off and then scowled to herself. “It’s not really important. It just kind of happened? I guess.”

My curiosity peeked. What did she mean? I thought.

She then blew out a puff of air. Then her brown eyes looked back to me expectantly. “Promise you won’t tell?”

I nodded without hesitation. Even if I was still hating her, after having her willingly open up (slightly) about it was a privilege I didn’t want to betray. I nodded and smiled. “I promise.”

She then sighed happily. “Well in that case I think I want to go to sleep now.” She lay back down on the bed and then glanced at me. “Thanks. You helped a lot today, Jade.” She smiled thankfully at me.

I nodded and stood up. I paused at the door, just about to leave. “Cordelia?”

“Hmm?” she turned her head back at me.

I was hesitant to ask the next question. “Is there . . . anything potentially between you and Harry? Or . . . definitely?” I asked slowly.

For a second she just blinked at me. I had thought she didn’t want to answer, but then she laughed. “Please. I was hoping for something. He’s hot, but he’s wrapped around one girl.”

“Oh.” I chewed the inside of my lip. “He is, eh?”

She nodded. “He likes that wallflower.” She then winked and giggled, turning over to her side.

I took that as a sign to leave and left.

That wallflower, eh?

~*~