Chapter 13

song on the side ---------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chapter 13

"You're going on a date?" Perrie demanded.

I exhaled and quickly looked around at my locker. "Shh!" I hushed. Once I was sure no one had tuned in and heard I said, "Yes. No need to tell the entire hallway, Pez."

Her lips curled into a sweet smile. "Why not? I feel like a proud mother!"

I groaned as I slammed my locker door closed. "My mother is anything but proud," I grumbled.

She frowned. "What do you mean?"

I sighed. "How did you get here?" I asked.

She smiled. "Well, I first came here in 2009 after I had gone through the whole rebelling stage and I met the girls and Zayn, so it just worked. I begged every year to come back," she nodded with a smile. "What about you?"

I snorted. "My step sister made me out to be a demon spawn of some sorts so one day I was just shipped off to a different city and school."

"What kinds of things did she do?"

I shook my head. "Story for another day."

She didn't press the subject, but instead changed it. "Okay. But please let me take you shopping!" she begged, clasping her hands together.

I shook my head. "Why would you waste your money on me?"

She shrugged. "I have plenty, so why not?"

"Because I'm not a charity case. I appreciate what you're trying to do and everything, but no thanks, Pez," I told her.

She pouted and I rolled my eyes at her dramatics. "But I wanna spoil you!" she sobbed.

"And I want a unicorn with colorful hair and a sparkly horn," I retorted.

She dimpled. "That does sound nice."

I smirked as we walked into our first period. I waved at Mr. Darren. He smiled and I took my usual seat. The girls had begun sitting with me upfront instead of forcing me in the back with them.

"Okay. Fine. But I still want to choose your outfit. Where are you going?" she asked me.

"Umm..."

She sighed. "You don't know," she stated. "Tell me when he tells you, easy peasy. I can't wait to look at your closet! This way I'll know if you've been wearing the things we got you."

"That doesn't sound creeper-ish at all," I mumbled.

~*~

"So he said casual?"

I shrugged. "Exactly. No specific place, just... casual."

Leigh Anne looked through the hangers on my little closet. "Hmm. Of course he would, boys will be boys. Casual, casual, casual..."

I stared at the ceiling, laying myself down on my bed while everyone (but me, might I add) obsessed over what I was supposed to be wearing.

I pulled out my iPod and decided to begin to play Candy Crush, but when I looked up I grunted as I rolled off my bed.

I stepped up to my closet picking everyone away. I tapped my chin as they stopped talking, probably wondering what I was looking for. I didn't really know myself.

I took out my biker shorts, red high waisted shorts, and a cropped white Lion King tee. I turned around and threw what I'd chosen in the bed. I turned to the girls.