Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Jade

I quickly pulled myself back from Niall. I covered my mouth at the realization of what I had just done. I shook my head. No. No, no, no. Not Niall. I felt tears spill over my cheeks. I was just so confused that I was crying now.

His hand began to brush tears away and I sobbed quietly.

“Jade?” he asked.

I shook my head as his fingers held onto my chin gently so I had to look at him. I didn’t know what was happening. I was unsure of why I kissed him. My heart pounded quickly.

“Jade why are you crying?” he asked me, leaning his face down to look me directly in the eyes.

Looking into the blue of his eyes I felt myself breaking. I couldn’t help but feel as though I had just ruined our relationship. I cried and pushed him away from me. I turned away because I couldn’t stand to look at him. I knew I was hurting him. He was right. I was acting dumb. I saw the way the three of them were singing to me as though they were my lap dogs and maybe I knew Marcel also was developing some sort of excessive emotion for me. I shook my head and covered my mouth.

“Jade-”

“Leave,” I whispered.

“What?”

“Out! Get out now!” I demanded. I turned around and pointed at the door. I saw the massively offended expression on his face and felt my heart breaking even more. He looked like a rejected puppy. He bowed his head.

“As you wish.”

I almost choked when he said that. As you wish. I remember when I invited him to my room to watch The Princess Bride with me. When he left the room I felt more tears free from the ducts of my eyes. I couldn’t take this. I was acting dumb. Because I don’t want to know; I don’t want them to hope for something with me; I can’t handle so much attention. How did I get from having one guy friend that I had this short relationship with to having about four guys head over Converse for me?

I hugged myself as I fell to the ground and rested against the side of the second bed. I couldn’t take this, I couldn’t take this.

~*~

I was super paranoid as I walked around school, looking over my shoulder and around me, even freaking above me. I was scared someone would pop out of nowhere and point at me to call me a nasty name like slut or whore. Am I a whore? I did sort of cheat on Gavin. Ugh.

I swallowed and held my books tightly to myself.

“Hi!”

I jumped and yelped, causing Leigh Anne to flinch. I exhaled in relief.  “Whoa. What jumped into your cereal this morning, hmm?” she laughed.

I shook my head, and then ruffled my hair. Niall Horan. “Nothing,” I muttered.

She shook her head. “You won’t believe what movie Louis made me watch last night. He practically forced me into enduring the near entirety of the Anarchophobia- at least I think that’s what it’s called- movie, but I chickened at the end when the big spider popped up. I just couldn’t take it! I mean you didn’t see it, it was just ew, ew, ew, ew!  And so now Louis is trying to play pranks on me,” she pouted.

“Arachnophobia,” I corrected.

She shrugged. “Whatever I was- ahh!” she screamed.

I screamed with her, though I didn’t know what at, but when I looked ahead of me I saw a spider hanging that made me take a step back, clutching onto Leigh Anne’s hand. I exhaled as I realized it was fake and so did Leigh.