Not Everyone Runs Away

Pain and only pain is what I felt for nearly two hours. After the first thirty minutes, my mouth had gone numb, but every time he went higher it would hurt again.

"You thought you were so pretty," Alexander sneered into my ear. "Let's see who thinks you're pretty after this."

I had learned long ago to stay still. If I tried to get free he would only start to wriggle the knife and it caused so much pain. I had never imagined in my life that I would have to go through this. No one should have to go through this.

"I liked it better when you screamed." Alexander said, as if trying to have a conversation with me while I had a knife shoved up my mouth and creating a long gash up my face.

I clenched my eyes shut. Maybe if I just go to sleep, he'll leave me alone. 

"Are you ignor-"

"Morgan! Morgan, wake up!" I heard someone shout. The voice sounded familiar but I didn't stop to look. I shot out of my position and gasped for air. I felt my face wet with tears and my heart pounding in my chest. The nightmares were getting worse already.

"Are you okay?"

I turned slightly to see Harry sitting beside me, his eyes wide with fear and worry. I noticed that we were still in his car and in the drive-way of the house.

"Yeah. Sorry, just had a bad dream." I muttered, used to playing it off. Before Samm came home I stayed with my parents and they always worried about me when I woke them up screaming.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, his voice taking a softer tone. I think he realized it had to do with my scar.

"Let's go." I whispered, slipping out of the car. After this he probably won't want to see me again. Way to go, Morgan. You and your fucking problems.

Harry followed behind me as we slipped into the house. He shut the door silently behind him and rested a hand on my lower back, making me jump. I still wasn't used to being touched.

He led me upstairs and I came to a stop in front of Samm's room. I peeked inside to see her and Niall curled up on the bed, the TV playing on mute. They must have fallen asleep watching a movie. I took one more look at the adorable couple before closing the door and leading Harry into my room. I'm surprised he stayed this long. I thought once we entered the house he would be gone.

I walked into my closet, not bothering to say anything. I swiftly changed out of the tight dress, that moments before had been plastered to my body from being thrown into the ocean- long story. I got into my normal attire of sweats and a tank top before taking a deep breath and bracing myself for what sat on the other side of the door.

Harry was sitting on my bed with a thoughtful expression on his face. His hands were clasped between his legs as he hunched over, a slight frown starting to form. What was he thinking of?

I shuffled over to him and tried to rub the frown away with my thumb, "Don't frown."

He smiled up at me, but I can tell it's forced. I knew it, it was too good to be true. Once he saw the real me, he was going to leave. Even after he asked me out. Once he saw my nightmare, he probably he realized he couldn't deal with me. This is why I don't date, or speak to men.

"Are you okay?" He asked again.

"I'm fine, Harry." I sighed. Why couldn't he just drop it?

"You didn't look fine." He muttered.

"I am now." My voice took a new tone, one I was all too familiar with. It was my defensive tone. I used it a lot when Samm started to ask about my nightmare or what had happened in the room. Only the police and lawyers know what happened, and even Samm only knows a little bit from the Trial. But I wasn't going to tell her what had happened in there. It was horrible and I couldn't bring myself to even say half the things that Alexander had done to my friends.

"Sorry," Harry sighed and rubbed his face. "I just... hate the feeling I got when I saw you screaming-" I screamed? "- I felt as if I couldn't do anything to help you. And then you started to cry... and I... I didn't like feeling helpless."

I stared at Harry with wide eyes. He felt helpless? Helpless?! I... Why didn't he feel disgusted or revolted? Something along the lines of that! I had screamed and cried in my sleep! Shouldn't he be leaving me in the dust, not even looking back?

"Harry..." What was there to say? "Thank you."

"For what?" His eyes held absolute curiosity.

"For not running away."

He grinned, "You're not getting rid of me that easily, babe."

.

.

.

.

.

"Sorry I didn't bring dinner up last night," Samm apologized as she walked into my room.  The boys must be gone if she's here. "Harry distracted me last night by somehow finding all the spoons and starting a spoon war with Niall."

"A spoon war? Why would the-" I began.

"Don't ask." She grumbled, sitting on my bed beside me.

I poked her cheek, "You look so mad."

"I am! Niall is always out recording or doing signings and the only time I get to see him is when we're in bed! And I'm half asleep by then so I'm not even spending time with him." She exclaimed, making me jump in shock.

"Why don't you go to signings with them?" I suggested.

"Then you'll be home alone." She frowned.

I sighed, starting to get fed up with being treated like a baby, "I'm an adult, Samm. I can take care of myself. Plus, Niall is your boyfriend. I think he comes first before little 'ol me."

"You're not as strong as you think, Morgan." Her voice took a snappy tone.

"I have pepper spray and a gun in my drawer, I think I can handle myself." I didn't take her tone to heart. I knew with the boys staying here and having to deal with hiding me was starting to get to her. Samm could only take so much before she exploded. And I'd rather not be on the receiving end of that. Been there, not something I want to repeat.

"And," A new idea occurred to me and I manged to hide my smile. "If you want, you can make one of the boys stay here. I'll stay in my room like usual, and it'll make you feel better!"

She stared up at me with shock, "I never imaged the day that Morgan Peters willingly wants a boy to stay in the same house as her."

"I'm getting better, Samm. And you deserve it, after everything you've done for me? I think I can handle a couple of hours alone with a boy, who is downstairs and has no idea I'm here." I said.

She nods her head, "I guess Harry can stay... or maybe Liam. I can trust them both."

I raised an eyebrow. She sounded like she was talking about children.

"So.. why did Harry and Niall start a spoon war?"

Thanks for reading!