Nightmares

"You think I'm gone?" Alexander cackled madly, shaking his head. His cruel green eyes looked into my brown ones and all I could do was cry.

Why was I crying?

"I will always come back for you! Just because I'm going to prison doesn't mean I won't come for you. I will die before I ever stop hurting you." He snarled, suddenly in my face.

"N-no." I whimpered. He was going away. He couldn't hurt me again.

"And I won't just hurt you. I will hurt Samm and your parents. And that one boy, what's his name? The one who thinks he can protect you? Harry?"

I shot up in bed, panting wildly and sweating. My heart was beating wildly, pounding in my ears. I looked down and sighed in relief when I saw Harry laying there, sleeping soundly. I ran a hand through my sweaty hair before groaning and laying back down.

I glanced over at the clock and sighed when I saw it was only four in the morning. I haven't woken up this early since I stopped going to school. I still did home schooling but it wasn't the same. I just did it whenever and made sure I got assignments in on time.

Deciding that I wasn't going to fall asleep again, I sat up in bed and slipped my robe on over Harry's shirt and my shorts. I hugged it close as I walked down the stairs of my silent house, thinking back to the night when I had met Harry. It felt like months ago since I've met him.

"What're you doing up?"

I jumped and let out a small squeak, whirling around to see my mom sitting on the couch, watching a silent movie. Her identical brown eyes met mine, an eyebrow raised.

"God mom! You scared me!" I muttered, walking over and sitting beside her.

She gave me a sympathetic smile and wrapped her arm around my shoulders. I watched the movie with her, looking at how beautiful the actresses were.

"I like Harry." Mom said suddenly.

I looked up to see her smiling, "What?"

"He reminds me of your father, which is why I think he's trying so hard to keep you apart," She laughed softly. "We were around your age when we met."

I stayed silent, letting her continue on. Her eyes took a far off look as she spoke, a soft smile on her face.

"It scares your dad with the way Harry looks at you. He may not like the thought of you growing up but he'd rather have you dating Harry than a boy with tattoos and piercings. Which I agree with 100 percent. Harry seems... He seems like the type of boy who will drop everything for you. I want that for you." She said.

"Thanks, mom. I'm really happy with him." I whispered.

"Everyone can see that, honey. The last time I spoke to you, you sounded so scared of life and I would always feel depressed after speaking to you. But when we spoke on the phone a couple days ago, I was surprised to hear how happy you were. For the first time in a while, you sounded full of life. You may not realize it, baby, but Harry is helping you more than any of us could ever."

...

"What're you doing?"

I looked down to see Harry watching me with hooded eyes. I smiled down at him and pushed the curls off of his forehead.

"Just writing." I said, gesturing to my notebook placed in my lap.

He nodded before scooting closer and resting his head on my stomach, hugging me. I laughed and rested my hand on his head, setting my notebook down.

"You can talk to me," He muttered. "I won't judge. I want you to talk to me about everything."

I grinned, "I know. If you're oh so curious about what I write about, you can read it if you want. It's always under my mattress."

He shook his head, "I feel like a nosy boyfriend."

"Don't. I like it." I giggled, moving so I was laying down beside him. Our faces were just inches apart, his breath fanning my face.

"Like what?" He muttered.

"That you care enough to wonder what's going on. That you want me to talk to you about my problems."

"Of course I do. I want you to come to me if you ever have a problem or need to talk." He said, brushing a strand of hair off of my cheek.

I smiled and entwined our hands, closing my eyes and enjoying the silence.

My mom was right. Harry made me feel alive again.

Just a filler :P