Regrets

Samm's P.O.V

I've known Morgan since I was seven years old. She was the shy girl that everyone liked and once you brought out the real person in her, she was a great person to hang out with. I could trust her with anything and I knew that she would always be there for me. And then I started to post videos of me singing on Youtube. She was supportive in the beginning, always smiling and cheering me on when I sang live. But then I was discovered.

I could see the jealousy in her eyes. I was so used to her being in the spotlight that it was different for me to be the popular girl. At first I hadn't even noticed until she started to do weird things. Short text messages, never answering my phone calls. She would say that she'd been busy but I knew when Morgan was lying.

It was when I had came back from my first tour that I found out Morgan had taken it to the next level. Walking into school everyone wanted to say hi to me or to even be near me. I embraced the new feeling, liking the fact that I was no longer in the shadows. However, Morgan was always the star and I should've remembered that.

She was with that boy, Ryan when I'd come back the first time. They just started dating and things were going great. Well, for Ryan at least. Morgan was never faithful to begin with, she was the type of girl to have a different boy every week if she had the chance. And that week was my crush of three years, Alexander Corvin.

He was a shy boy and always helping me when I struggled with school work. He was sweet and made me laugh. I had told Morgan about my feelings towards Alexander and she was pretty stunned. It was no secret that Alexander was the punching bag of our high school.

I was going to lunch when I saw her. It was the first time in nearly four months since I've seen her and she was wearing the usual bright blue cheerleading uniform, hair put into a high pony tail, and pom poms in hand. I didn't think much of it until I heard a familiar voice laughing. I stopped in my tracks and watched as Morgan leant forward, a seducing look on her face. I couldn't breathe as her lips met Alexander's pink ones.

I stormed off, betrayed and crying. I knew it was Morgan's way of being the popular girl again. Not that she ever lost it. She hated that I was above her. If she brought me down she was the higher person. And it was true. I dropped out of school and paid more attention to my music career. I guess it all because of that one simple kiss that I had even met One Direction.

Niall was everything I needed at the time. He made me forget about Morgan's betrayal and I never thought of her again. Until I got a call from Bridget telling me that Morgan was attacked and in critical condition. I was long over what happened with Alexander and decided that it's been a year, it was long enough for me to get over Alexander and for her to come to her senses.

I came home and learned everything. A part of me thought that she deserved everything she got but there was still the part of me that wanted to help her. She made one mistake and I knew that she needed someone. So I told Niall and the boys that I needed to take a break, live a normal life, and then I'd bounce back.

Things changed when Niall asked if the boys and him could stay at my house for the month they were staying in Australia. At the time I was tired of being Morgan's slave, of watching her be scared of everything that had a dick. It was about time she started living again or moved back with her parents. My break was over and I wanted to sing again.

I didn't plan for her and Harry to meet. Or to even like each other. I've never liked Harry romantically, not at all. He was my best friend, someone I could talk to when things were rough between Niall and me. It was when Harry came out that they were dating that I hatched the idea of stealing him from her. She stole Alexander first, this would just be payback. It was after that I found her journal that I knew it wouldn't hurt her. She would find some other rich man to steal from.

I didn't expect her to fight for him or for him to fight for her. I didn't think I would lose Niall. I didn't think anything through at all. I was so hell bent on getting revenge that I didn't think about Niall or me. In the end I lost the most important thing in my life and Morgan still managed to end up on top.

 "You got what you deserved! I just wish that Alexander finished what he started!"

I winced mentally at the thought of what I said. Even for me that was cruel. I could see the life in her eyes drain slowly before she just walked away. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't take the words back and even if I did, there was some part in me that wished it was true. She's ruined my life more than once. She wasn't my best friend anymore. She was somebody who was bringing me down.

You better get the fuck over yourself and get Morgan now.

I frowned in confusion when I saw the text message from Harry. It was so rude and sudden, nothing like Harry. Although I can't really say what was like Harry. I didn't expect him to blow up on me in front of the whole band but he did. Oh, he did.

I rushed down the stairs and saw the backdoor open. I peeked out and saw Morgan sitting on the lounge chairs we had left alone since the boys had left. She was looking at her hands and I could see her sleeves bunched up. I saw a flash of silver as she twirled the knife in her hands. My heart froze.

"I'm so tired, Harry." I heard her whisper as she raised the knife.

"No!" I ran forward and yanked the knife out of her grasp. I ignored the sting in my palm as she looked up at me in shock.

"Give it back!" She shouted, dropping the phone and lunging at me. I dodged her feeble attacks and held her back, grabbing the phone and telling Harry I was taking her to the hospital.

"Let me finish! Let me finish!" She screeched, tears streaming down her face.

I haven't seen her like this since the month after she was first attacked. I had been in the back yard when I heard something in the house. I ran up stairs and there Morgan was, swallowing her pain meds in one gulp. They had to pump her stomach and she was on suicide watch for two months.

I held the knife tightly as I grabbed Morgan by the arm. She fought against me as I led her to my car and stuffed her in the back seat, making sure to lock the doors. She screamed and banged on the windows causing my own tears to fall. I've never seen her like this before. When she'd taken the pills she'd been sedated and calm. Now, she was frenzied.

I called Dr. Greene ahead of time and he told me to take her to the psych ward. My hands were shaking by the time I pulled up and when two male nurses took her out of the car, I gagged at the sight of her arms a bleeding mess.

"Get us those pads!" A nurse ordered, holding Morgan back from continuing to claw at her own skin.

Why was she doing this? Why?

I was told to wait in the lobby as they dragged her (kicking and screaming) to a cell. I tugged my hair harshly as I bit my lip and held back my tears. I felt so guilty and I regretted everything I said. If I knew that she would take me seriously...

"What happened? What brought this on?" The doctor asked after sedating Morgan. She was sleeping soundly on the white bed, her arms being cleaned by nurses. When I saw all the scratches I wanted to puke.

"It's all my fault." I whispered.

You all learned just what Morgan was really like before the incident :P How do you guys feel about Morgan and Samm's relationship? Does it change your views with how Samm was towards Morgan and Harry? Does it change your views on Morgan?